Database Administrator I
R1345068 Database Administrator I
Under general supervision, assist with implementation, support and maintenance of complex databases to meet customer requirements.
• Install and configure databases in a server-based environment.
• Facilitate database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing all backup and recovery procedures.
• Assist with the management of all levels of database security and integrity, transaction activity and utilization.
• Assist with the management of database administration-related performance issues (e.g., memory, disk connection, etc.)
• Recommend user access requirements based on analysis of system function and end user service needs.
• Provide primary problem management support by receiving, troubleshooting, and solving the daily problems reported by internal customers.
• Create and maintain complete documentation necessary for computer system validation.
• Will be required to participate in on-call rotation. Some off hours work required.
• Bachelor's Degree Req
• 1 year DBA experience (SQL Server or Oracle running on UNIX and/or Windows Server) with equal experience using related database tools for query programming and/or development; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience Req
• Industry experience with Oracle and/or SQL Server, including related query programming and development tools and UNIX and/or Windows Server, including scripting languages
• Possess strong task/timeline-oriented skills necessary to ensure projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network