Senior Logistics Technician
Export all consignments in a timely and economical manner and prepare all paperwork for inbound consignments. Assist with
resolving shipping problems related to dangerous goods or couriers.
Work performed is in accordance with ICH E6 Guideline for Good Clinical Practice.
• Operate all courier systems to prepare package address labels, invoices and other associated documentation correctly, professionally and in a timely manner
• Liaise with courier IT departments to ensure prompt rectification of any system faults
• Maintain all shipping machines address databanks and keep them up-to-date
• Liaise closely with the Project Management group to ensure accuracy of address details in QLIMS
• QC all shipping documentation prior to shipping
• check shipments against manifest
• Track and trace shipments and follow up problem shipments to ensure they are progressed and delivered rapidly
• Monitor inventory level requirements and maintain a minimum operating stock level for all couriers’ material as required
• Train new staff in the operation of all courier systems
• Monitor processes within Logistics with a view to increasing quality and efficiency of current method of operation
• Produce all courier manifest reports each evening, ensuring that they are retained as a record
• Responsible for all record keeping and archiving of quality data
• Maintain filing and archiving system for all shipping material for all couriers used
• Produce monthly metrics reports relating to the Logistics group
• Maintain current knowledge of customs and shipping regulations/restrictions for import/export worldwide
• communicate changes effectively
• Maintain current knowledge regarding Dangerous Goods shipping
• Ensure that all paperwork generated by photocopying is done in a quality manner to provide a professional appearance, and that all faxed documentation is of a professional appearance prior to faxing
• Associate's Degree
• 1-2 year of related experience.
• Good communication and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented, thorough, and well-organized.
• Ability to grasp general concepts of import/export regulations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network