Systems Administrator - Novasyte
The BD Infusion and Regulated Products team members are responsible for providing technical system recommendations/requirements to BD’s customers and working with the customers to deploy these servers and software in preparation for the local project team. Integration Engineers are assigned to customer projects and accounts based on regional/national organizational structures. The Integration Engineers work with the project implementation team toward the common goal of an on time, successful system implementation. Activities include technical sales support, server deployment, software deployment, system design, and configuration tasks. In addition to customer-facing responsibilities, this team is also responsible for many backend business functions, including software ordering, product development input/R&D collaboration, solution design best practices, and quality system requirements. The Integration Engineer will work closely with R&D, as well as participate in product XDE/LCR projects and other cross-functional teams.
The Professional Services Lead Integration Engineer is responsible for managing all technical aspects of server implementation projects for the Infusion organization. The Lead Integration Engineer collaborates with customers and Project Manager on the execution of all deliverables within the scope of the server installation project.
In this role, you will participate in meetings/conference calls with customers to facilitate server design, training, and validation. Establish rapport with customers (internal & external) that is conducive to a long-term business relationship. Provide team support and in-depth product information on BD products as assigned by the manager (team product lead). Must be able to interact with customer teams, gain consensus within groups, and deliver concise and consistent communication. Participate in pre-sales situations as a technical subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate knowledge of BD Infusion products and how they integrate with customer systems. Demonstrate understanding of core BD Infusion product installation and system validation processes.
- Demonstrate understanding of hospital information systems, system validation, active directory, databases, and system virtualization
- Provide technical sales support in collaboration with sales and HIT specialist and demonstrate the ability to lead technical discussions and consultations
- Prepare and deliver technical diagrams and presentations to our customers
- Actively participate in all training activities outlined by established Integration Engineer Learning Path
- Communicates technical requirements and recommendations/solutions to the project leadership team
- Ability to interact with and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on medium to large projects
- Must be detail-oriented, and demonstrate the ability to multitask and implement plans consistent with established company and customer objectives
- Install and support the deployment of BD servers and software in customer environments
- Provide peer support and demonstrate the ability to understand cause and effect when analyzing a process, situation, or issue
- Demonstrate problem-solving, troubleshooting, and system consultation related to BD products, best practice considerations, and standardization
- Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary
- Expected to act as a technical escalation point, responsible for the escalation of issues to R&D.
- Follow and provide input to product documentation
- Participate in specialized projects and teams
- Work independently
- Comply with all Central Server & Software Deployment Policies and Procedures
- Timely completion of project documentation
- Monitor and supply updates on escalated critical issues
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change
- Recognize unnecessary workflow steps and identify processes that can be improved to increase productivity
- Participate in cross-functional teams to enhance the process, workflow, and service
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in engineering or computer science, plus 5+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education, knowledge, and experience.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Server environments
- Experience working in an Active Directory environment
- Understanding of wireless networking at an enterprise level
- Experience with LAN/WLAN Troubleshooting, DNS, DHCP, VLANs/subnetting, Firewalls
- Experience with and understanding of IIS, SQL Server (maintenance, backup, basic T-SQL queries)
- Virtualization experience, preferably VMWare
- Knowledge of HIS integration systems
- Knowledge of HL7 or EDI standards
Suggested certifications include:
Must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional vaccinations appropriate for and required by the facility, which enables access to customer sites to perform essential job functions.
- This position can be located anywhere, as it is offered as a remote position.
- Minimum overnight travel required at times.
- Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Candidate may be required to submit to a DoD or similar background clearance to support these customers
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network