Principal, Patient Centered Solutions
IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) team leads the industry in breadth and depth of Clinical Outcomes Assessment (COA) and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) knowledge. Our diverse team of experts works together to develop, deploy, and validate psychometric instruments that capture the patient experience with their treatment or disease, analyze and interpret outcomes, and translate the information to advance the initiatives of life science companies.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial, and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Principal within the PCS team, you will primarily focus within the following core areas: client/project leadership, business development, and operational leadership roles. The goal is to deliver outstanding client service along with strategic and scientific excellence, while building trusted relationships with new and existing clients that enhance the PCS brand. You will join a thriving business with existing client accounts with scope for expansion, and the support of a broad array of IQVIA colleagues with connections to introduce PCS to new clients.
Success will be measured by the ability to take on larger and more complex projects, establishing new business relationships, coaching and professionally developing team members, and contributing to the continuous improvement and development of the PCS function.
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies that address complex client issues
- Lead sales efforts to drive revenue, including uncovering opportunities and responding to proposals
- Oversee delivery teams who are executing PCS projects
- Provide direction, advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams
- Lead solution building and thought leadership initiatives
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of PCS in the marketplace, e.g., through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications
- Identify opportunities for expansion of service offerings, internal and external to IQVIA, by developing and/or elevating new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads
- Support community building with activities including recruitment, coaching, management of resources and network development (both juniors and seniors) to collaborate with for delivery and/or business development purposes
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class solutions for clients
- Participate in annual performance review team processes
- Engage in recruitment and selection of new staff
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients
Candidates interested in joining as a Principal, PCS will need:
- 6+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare consulting within a Professional Services business with evidence of career progression
- 2+ years of project management experience focused on multinational strategic consulting projects
- Proven track record of serving in sell and deliver roles, fostering client relationships, leadership and people development
- Ability to engage clients and direct project teams on patient-centered research and the associated methods, in a meaningful manner with depth of content knowledge
- Strong experience in PCS/Patient Centered Outcomes research projects and knowledge of Clinical Outcome Assessments regulatory and scientific guidelines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, external conference presentations, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- An entrepreneurial nature and interest in developing custom, strategic client solutions and the capability to deliver the same
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; advanced degree highly preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network