Manager, Corporate & Portfolio Strategy
Location: New York, New York; Cambridge, Massachusetts; San Francisco, California
Build a rewarding career in life sciences consulting and forge your own path. Partner with collaborative teams and leaders across unique projects and geographies, delivering innovative solutions to the most complex healthcare problems along the way. Working at IQVIA means changing outcomes for patients one data set, product offering, and innovative solution at a time.
As a Consultant at IQVIA, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career and explore opportunities in brand and integrated research solutions, go-to-market strategy, commercial excellence, real world data, financial investor consulting, and more.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes a Consultant at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I joined IQVIA after graduating from university and am grateful for the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to pursue over the last four years. I’ve had the chance to work with inspiring managers who have supported me with both professional and personal development. I am thrilled to move forward in my career at IQVIA!Arthur, Consultant, Financial Institutions
I simultaneously work on a number of customer-commissioned projects in multiple therapeutic areas using various primary research methodologies. This variety is what makes my role at IQVIA so interesting. It allows me to learn from my colleagues and customers alike and helps me to understand how the work we do supports the improvement of patient care.Julia, Senior Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
Working at IQVIA as a consultant has given me the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and experience across multiple disease areas and at different stages of the product lifecycle. This has supported my career development and accelerated my growth. If you enjoy learning new things and working on global projects, you will definitely enjoy working at IQVIA.Kevin, Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
One of the things I like most about working at IQVIA is the supportive environment that helps you achieve your full potential.Ana, Consultant, Financial Institutions
Working in healthcare consulting is inspiring! I am glad to be part of a close community that brings together diverse experiences and critical thinkers to help our customers move treatments forward that can change patients’ lives.Jose, Principal, Consulting Services
Environments that advance your skillset
Clear pathways to success
Work in distinctive areas of expertise
Projects that solve complex problems in new ways
Teams that work together to achieve one common goal
Programs to help build knowledge and gain skills
Manager, Corporate & Portfolio Strategy
Manager, Corporate & Portfolio Strategy
IQVIA™ (www.IQVIA™.com) is the world’s leading company providing information, technology, and services for virtually every type of stakeholder in healthcare. Every day, IQVIA™ innovates on a large scale. We have been the big data company in healthcare before the “Big Data” term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives. We develop and operate systems and applications using big data technologies on our private-public hybrid cloud. IQVIA™ stores and computes more than 20 petabytes of complex healthcare data on diseases, treatments, costs and outcomes to enable our clients to run their operations more efficiently. Our big data infrastructure is processing over 50 billion healthcare transactions annually. IQVIA™ employs over 50,000 professionals in over 100 countries to drive results for over 5,000 healthcare clients globally. IQVIA™ is a publicly listed company (NYSE – Q) with estimated revenue close to $7B and a market cap of over $18B.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
Our Corporate & Portfolio Strategy (C&PS) group helps clients with their key strategic decisions at the Corporate, Portfolio and/or Product level
- Corporate strategy – support clients addressing strategic challenges, M&A and business model redesign
- Portfolio strategy – support clients as they prioritize and optimize their portfolio or identify assets to complement it
- Product strategy - support brand and BD teams on questions spanning from country prioritization to LoE strategy
- Tools – our Planning Suite of Software Solutions allow us to be more efficient and generate informed insights
As a Manager on the Corporate & Portfolio Strategy team within IQVIA Consulting Services, you’ll work closely with Associate Principals and Principals, responsible for managing teams of Associates, Associate Consultants, and Consultants in the design, development, and delivery of medium size consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects by:
- Planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives
- Executing high quality research and analysis
- Designing, structuring and delivering client reports and presentations
- Developing client relationships through face-to-face discussions or workshops, telephone or email contact
- Identifying opportunities for follow-on work and new leads
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Supporting development of proposals
- Developing broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and training
- Coaching project team members and supporting them to fulfill their personal objectives
- Serving as coach to ~3 staff
Candidates interested in joining our Corporate & Portfolio Strategy team as a Manager should have:
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- 3-6 years professional experience in consulting within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- Minimum of 2-3 years project experience focused on strategy and portfolio management. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined teams and leading staff
- Experience in developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Ability to contribute to business development through the identification of leads, development of proposals etc.
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
In addition to the skills and experience above a Manager should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, graduate degree or MBA not required but a plus
- A track record of leadership and people development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A willingness and ability to travel
- Right to live and work in the recruiting country
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network