Associate Principal, Corporate & Portfolio Strategy
Associate Principal, Corporate & Portfolio Strategy – Consulting Services US
IQVIA™ (www.IQVIA™.com) is the world’s leading company providing information, technology, and services for virtually every type of stakeholder in healthcare. Every day, IQVIA™ innovates on a large scale. We have been the big data company in healthcare before the “Big Data” term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives. We develop and operate systems and applications using big data technologies on our private-public hybrid cloud. IQVIA™ stores and computes more than 20 petabytes of complex healthcare data on diseases, treatments, costs and outcomes to enable our clients to run their operations more efficiently. Our big data infrastructure is processing over 50 billion healthcare transactions annually. IQVIA™ employs over 50,000 professionals in over 100 countries to drive results for over 5,000 healthcare clients globally. IQVIA™ is a publicly listed company (NYSE – Q) with estimated revenue close to $7B and a market cap of over $18B.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Associate Principal at IQVIA for the Corporate & Portfolio Strategy group, you will be responsible for managing or leading multiple consulting projects and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery for clients in the pharmaceutical or related industries by:
- Managing project teams including both internal and external resources in the design, development and delivery of client deliverables
- Leveraging business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approach to client questions
- Serving as key point of contact with client
- Providing follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensuring clear communication throughout projects and within the team
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Managing the process of proposal preparation and/or modifications including overall bid integrity
- Developing and/or elevating new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads.
- Developing broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and training
- Providing direction, advice and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams. Direct consulting teams through consistent participation in team meetings
- Providing high level input to, and ensures the development of, client reports and presentations and delivery of all or significant portions of findings to client
- Sharing subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
- Leading ad hoc work streams on critical people-related issues such as recruitment, learning and development
- Serving as a coach to 3-4 staff
Candidates interested in joining our Corporate & Portfolio Strategy, Consulting Services team as an Associate Principal should have:
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- A strong academic track record including minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a relevant graduate qualification and 5-8 years professional experience in consulting within the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience focused on strategy and portfolio management
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined teams and leading staff
- Experience in developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- Ability to contribute to business development through the identification of leads, development of proposals etc.
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
In addition to the skills and experience above an Associate Principal should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, graduate degree or MBA not required but a plus
- A track record of leadership and people development
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A willingness and ability to travel
- Right to live and work in the recruiting country
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network