Sr/Clinical Trial Manager, Cell/Gene Therapy, CAR T, Remote -IQVIA Biotech
Immediate openings available for Sr. Clinical Trial Managers/ Clinical Trial Managers with Cell and Gene Therapy (CAGT; CAR T) clinical study experience.
Why Clinical Trial Managers join IQVIA Biotech? We provide a comprehensive onboarding program. Instructor lead Biotech specific project training. Dedicated therapy focus. Manager supported career development planning. Family First Work Life Balance. Close collaborative client relationship management with biotech & startup companies.
Would you like to know more? Contact me at Angela.Lucas@IQVIA.com or follow the link to apply.
OurTrial Managers are responsible for all activities related to implementation and execution of clinical studies that include:
- Work with Project Manager (PM) to define program targets for clinical monitoring staff and assure work is documented within contracted project scope. Communicate and document all interactions with client as required by SOP.
- Serve as client advocate within IQVIA Biotech.
- Develop and implement Clinical Monitoring Plan.
Responsible for assuring needs of clinical sites are met by facilitating clinical monitoring processes, including:
Coordinate site management activities:
- Site identification, recruitment, and selection.
- Regulatory document collection and review.
- Overall scheduling and management of all site visits.
- Develop site/monitoring tools and training materials.
- Review and identify trends in enrollment and data entry at sites and proactively interface with clinical monitoring team and client to identify solutions.
Coordinate and oversee daily operations of clinical monitoring team:
- Set and enforce project timelines with the assigned study team.
- Coordinate remote review of clinical data within EDC system.
- Oversee monitoring visit schedule to ensure compliance with frequency set forth in contract.
- Review and approve trip reports and follow-up letters within required timeframe.
- Schedule and manage weekly CRA project team meetings.
- Ensure CRAs assigned to team receive therapeutic and project-specific training.
- Manage quality and regulatory compliance among clinical monitoring team and investigational sites.
Manage project milestones and proactively address deficiencies:
- Attend and provide information at monthly projections meetings.
- Attend and provide information at weekly client teleconferences/team meetings.
- Assist Project Manager in identifying Out of Scope activities and assuring that such activities do not begin until the client provides authorization.
Manage CRA performance:
- Define and implement functional standards, goals, and expectations with clinical monitoring team.
- Serve as CRA mentor and perform accompanied field assessment visits as required.
- Participate in the performance appraisal program by providing timely and accurate feedback regarding the performance of each respective CRA.
- Assure that the appropriate IQVIA Biotech and/or sponsor SOPs are followed.
- Ensure all project documentation is appropriately filed per IQVIA Biotech SOPs.
- Assist PM in preparation of audit responses, as appropriate.
- Assist PM with preparation of information for inclusion in monthly report to client.
Assist PM in review of project budgets, monitoring costs, potential overruns and propose/implement cost effective solutions.
- Define the scope of work with the client and clinical monitoring team.
- Assist PM in identifying and generating changes in scope and notify client of potential changes in scope.
- Review and approve CRA travel expenses and time sheets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of clinical research process.
- Prior experience as a Clinical Research Associate.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to express complex ideas.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute study activities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within various clinical trials.
- Ability to reason independently and recommend specific solutions in clinical settings.
- Understanding of basic data processing functions, including electronic data capture.
- Working knowledge of current ICH GCP guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Able to mentor CRAs and more junior Clinical Trial Managers.
- Able to qualify for a major credit card.
- Valid driver’s license; ability to rent automobile.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in one of the life sciences with a minimum of 4 years direct experience in clinical studies or equivalent level of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years as a Clinical Monitor/CRA, as well as experience in data handling or analysis.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years as a successful Clinical Trial Manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and work with a matrix team environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Prior experience in electronic data capture (EDC) preferred.
- Therapeutic Knowledge- Cell and Gene Therapy /CAR T cell therapy study experience required; additionally 2 years of solid tumor, hematologic oncology and oncology phase I experience strongly preferred
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network