Principal EDC Programmer, IQVIA Biotech
IQVIA Biotech is seeking Principal EDC Programmers to join our growing team! Position can be home-based anywhere in the United States.
Program and test Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems for conducting clinical trials. Coordinate tasks and resource allocation for projects under the supervision of the Manager of Project Programming. Develop training materials and assist with the development of programming work practices as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Manager of Project Programming to coordinate programming tasks and resources during the development of EDC systems.
- Serve as backup to the Manager of Project Programming as needed.
- Develop and deliver training courses for other Programmers and IQVIA Biotech staff.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of departmental and divisional work practices, SOPs and forms.
- Assist with budget review for new proposals and CCBs as assigned.
- Supervise other Programmers, ensuring that departmental, divisional, and corporate standards and practices are followed.
- Track new releases and versions of EDC software and communicate within IQVIA Biotech as needed.
- Evaluate new software and provide recommendation for adoption.
- Assist with the validation of new software and releases.
- Perform same duties as Senior EDC Programmer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of clinical research process and methodology.
- Understanding of current GCP, ICH, and FDA guidelines and regulations applicable to conduct of clinical research.
- Ability to help supervise resources and plan long-range tasks for EDC development.
- Ability to conduct training sessions with existing training modules and update or create new training modules as needed.
- Ability to manage software releases and report software issues to EDC vendor.
- Ability to program electronic case report forms (eCRF’s) and edit checks within an EDC system.
- Experience using Visual Basic / VB Script, SQL (preferably Oracle), HTML, and XML.
- Ability to work creatively and independently to carry out assignments of a complex nature.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with other professional staff members.
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, and tools that will facilitate the clinical trial process.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in programming; or Associate’s in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in programming; or high school diploma (or equivalent) with 7 years of work experience in programming; or equivalent combination of experience and knowledge.
- Programming experience with one or more of the currently supported IQVIA Biotech EDC platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network