Sr Consultant, Commercial Effectiveness Services
Responsible for managing and leading the on-time completion of large, complex commercial projects for clients within the pharmaceutical, biotech, other life science industries and government, and providing high quality innovative solutions. Identifies and elevates potential new business opportunities.
- Leads teams in the design, development and delivery of commercial consulting projects leveraging strategic thinking, analytics, and commercial life sciences domain expertise
- Provide direction, advice and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams. Direct consulting teams through consistent participation in team meetings
- Reviews and analyzes client requirements or problems and develops proposals for cost-effective solutions that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction
- Provides direction and guidance to junior team members assigned to engagements and across multiple projects
- Performs qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of actionable, client specific solutions.
- Designs, structures and delivers client reports and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to deliver to and above client expectations
- Identify new business opportunities of follow-on work and new leads with clients
- Provides follow-up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction
- Proactively develops broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities
- Shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate the development of client reports and presentations and delivery for all significant portions of findings for the client
- Serves as a coach to 3-4 staff
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of related experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry; advanced degree (e.g. MBA, PhD) preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years project management and analytical mindset/experience focused on life sciences strategy,analytics commercial consulting engagements, and working with large data sets
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Expertise deriving actionable business insights and strategic recommendations from analyses leveraging secondary data (e.g. IQVIA data) and analytics
- Experience with developing consultative relationships with senior level managers and executives at clients in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined teams and leading staff
- Strong ability to manage large/multiple projects and juggle priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes.
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools, and techniques related to functional area
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network