Contribute to the growth and development of the IQVIA MedTech Strategy Consulting organization. We are investing across the board to provide Concept to Market capabilities to our Med Tech clients, including Strategy Consulting. IQVIA’s portfolio of offerings and deep subject matter expertise position our organization as Healthcare’s Vital Partner. Within the US marketplace, IQVIA maintains relationships with all of the top 20 Med Tech clients, among many others.
Engagement Managers will play an important leadership role on the MedTech Strategy Consulting team. Managers are expected to contribute to all aspects of client engagements and are responsible for leading multiple consulting projects, maintaining client relationships, assisting in writing project proposals, and managing the work of junior colleagues staffed to your respective assignments. The leadership, analytical guidance, and creativity of our Managers’ work is critical to the success of our engagement teams and our practice. This role will be responsible for growing the consulting and services business by leading a team of commercial consulting resources in areas such as strategy, forecasting, market assessments, and analytics.
Managers will also play an important leadership role on the Market Access Strategy Consulting team. After receiving training, Managers are expected to quickly contribute to all aspects of client engagements and are responsible for leading multiple consulting projects, maintaining client relationships, assisting in writing project proposals, and managing the work of junior colleagues staffed to your respective assignments. The leadership, analytical guidance, and creativity of our Managers’ work is critical to the success of our engagement teams and our practice.
- Lead several project teams to ensure effective planning, organizing, and management of strategic engagements using primary intelligence, secondary data, and research to derive trends, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for clients
- Synthesize complex data and information into actionable results and recommendations to answer a wide range of questions related to the market, therapeutic area, providers, patients, payers, and competitors
- Design, structure, and deliver reports, presentations, and other client deliverables
- Develop client relationships through effective communication (face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone, email contact, etc.) and be a thought partner to client teams
- Manage the work of junior team members across two to three client engagements
- Oversee the development project work plans for engagement teams
- Assist in the identification of follow-on work or new leads and the writing of project proposals and statements of work
- Developing deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
- Assist with recruiting new team members and participate in the interview process
- Duties may require compliance with client or third-party requirements that all those performing services on the client site or at other third-party facilities are fully vaccinated. All U.S. employees and contractors are required to complete a short form in Workday providing their COVID-19 vaccination status and proof of vaccination, if applicable. Note - IQVIA complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations for religious, medical or other legally protected reasons.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 4-6 years of work experience in consulting to the life sciences industry, specifically experience with MedTech clients
- Project or team management experience
- Demonstrated leadership in previous positions
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
- Experience with MedTech market access challenges a plus, but not required
- An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving MedTech industry
- Exceptional project planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong academic track record including a minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and an MBA, or relevant Masters or Ph.D. (desired but not a requirement)
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
- Exceptional literacy in Microsoft Office e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel (SQL is a plus)
- A willingness or ability to travel as needed (10-25% on average)
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network