Statistician / Data Scientist - Data Scientist & Advanced Analytics team EMEA
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Data Science & Advanced Analytics
Data Science & Advanced Analytics - with departments in Frankfurt, Philadelphia, Beijing and Warsaw as well as a network of over 150 team members worldwide - is the global competence centre for data science at IQVIA. Complex analysis at the highest level are conceptualized and implemented to support international customers in the pharmaceutical industry - often within multinational projects. As a member of our team you can expect exciting international projects with interesting development perspectives.
Data Scientist, Data Science & Advanced Analytics– the role
Member of the European Data Science & Advanced Analytics team. Under some supervision, he/she will execute and provide expertise in developing and applying statistical methodologies to support set-up, implementation and maintenance of solutions for EMEA countries with focus on Italy & Greece.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Collaboration in projects of the European Data Science & Advanced Analytics Team
- Support in development and deployment of new offerings.
- Ongoing development and improvement of quality control methodologies (e.g., anomaly detection, isolation trees), ML based imputation approaches and various projection methodologies (e.g., geo-spatial, cloning, ML based, etc) specifically for large data sets.
- Support in concept design and development of innovative sampling approaches.
- Support in the implementation and deployment of new statistical and machine learning technologies big data platforms, in collaboration with technology teams.
- Support in development and automation of machine learning solutions and technologies and high scale deployment for Healthcare Big Data (Pharmacy, Hospital, Physician, Patient).
- Use scientific methods, algorithms and processes to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data
- Apply statistical design and appropriate methodology to meet insight needs, including preparing/analyzing data, developing and programming; conducting statistical analyses to derive conclusions from the studies, assisting or directly preparing presentations of results.
- Design and execute quantitative and qualitative analysis in collaboration with BU engagement manager and country local offices.
- Member of project team ensuring efficient and effective project delivery to meet project team and client expectations
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics/Econometrics or related fields with a strong focus on quantitative analysis, including an acceptable number of courses in statistical methods and theory.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in quantitative data analyses or PhD with at least 1 year of relevant professional experience. Ideally with market research or health and life sciences project experience
- Good knowledge of the higher statistical (incl. Sampling) and econometric methods in theory and practice.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Machine Learning methods.
- Experience with handling Big Data.
- Good programming skills
- Very good knowledge in Python; SAS would be highly appreciated plus; MS Office proficiency.
- Strong analytic mindset and logical thinking capability, strong QC mindset.
- Demonstrates consulting, creativity, critical thinking, project planning, and attention to detail capabilities.
- Commitment to working independently and collaboratively with others in and across the team
- Proven time management and personal organizational skills
- Good communication and presentation skills with focus on the technical aspects of a project and the ability to develop usable documentation.
- Italian language skills (mother tongue) and fluency in English (spoken and written)
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network