Stat Programmer 2
Develop and validate programs to generate data cleaning reports and prepare internal and external data transfers. Provide programming support to project team members within Clinical Reporting, Data Management, and other teams. Provide programming technical expertise and leadership within programming team.
• Review or prepare data transfer specifications, review test transfers from external vendors as applicable for reconciliation and integration purpose.
• Set up default clinical data transfer and/or perform scheduled and ad-hoc data transfers.
• Define or review specifications and test data as needed, program and generate reports to facilitate vendor and SAE reconciliation, medical coding, investigator payments, data review (e.g., SAS DM Aggregate review listings, medical review listings, Clean Patient Tracker, Missing page reports and ad-hoc reports, etc.).
• Develop specifications and programs to integrate local laboratory normal ranges with clinical data, perform laboratory results conversions, toxicity grading and laboratory data mappings.
• Perform programming activities for medical coding group, including integration of coded terms with data extract files and medical coding reports.
• Support development of SDTM datasets and other derived datasets including associated documentations.
• Perform functional lead responsibilities that include managing relevant technical guides and training materials, standard code and templates, and training other team members.
• Review and evaluate the impact of database changes on programming activities.
• Understand study budget and scope of work, identify, and estimate out of scope effort and forecast hours and resources for programing function.
• Complete programming documentation such as updating development trackers, issue trackers, QC test plans, SAS code installs and program revision history.
• Perform independent code review and unit testing and utilize source code management software.
• File documentation associated with client delivery on an ongoing basis and perform final archival activity at study close.
• Ensure that assigned tasks are completed with acceptable quality and on time, update task status in the task and timeline management tools, assume full responsibility for assigned task and see it through to completion.
• Assist other project and functional leads in fulfilling their responsibilities.
• Attend internal team meetings and relevant client team meetings as needed.
• Lead process improvement initiatives.
• Perform other duties that may be requested by management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, analytical sciences, or a related field with 2-3 years of relevant experience OR
• Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, analytical sciences, or a related field with 1 year of relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Sound knowledge of programming, validation methods, software development life cycle and the clinical drug development process
• Solid knowledge of relational database concepts, and SQL experience.
• Solid knowledge of statistical computing applications such as Base SAS, SAS macro language and SAS data step
• Solid knowledge of CDISC standards
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, tools, and processes
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network