Sr Product Designer
The Senior Product Designer (SPD) will implement best-in-class product design standards that are rooted in user research and usability standards for clinical trial software products. The person in this role will own the design and consult in the build of intuitive web and mobile applications. The SPD will collaborate heavily with customers, product managers, and other stakeholders to proactively elicit and understand needs in order to create the best user experience possible.
The SPD will also lead and participate in UX design services including collaborative working sessions, research strategies, and iterative design deliverables to drive a common scope understanding across both the business and delivery team stakeholder communities. In order to drive user research practices to validate the design of the data visualizations, the SPD may need to create strategies, roadmaps, and business cases as part of this function.
Fulfilling these key roles in our organization requires a strong business acumen, combined with a broad knowledge of technology capabilities, users’ perspectives, and the ability to understand, influence, and prioritize customer needs.
• Lead workstreams with a hands-on approach to create simple, intuitive product experiences for complex workflows, maintaining UX consistency and visual design in line with our design system
• Produce designs to support the product vision and strategic decisions the end users need to make
• Work collaboratively with product stakeholders including developers, analysts, and data scientists to successfully scope out and implement the experience
• Ensure that user centric design processes are utilized to represent the voice of the end user during the product definition and design stages
• Resolve conflicting end-user requirements through user research, testing, and iterative design processes
• Formulate and define the User Experience on projects through: creation of personas, information architecture diagrams, creation of content / site maps, design of low-high fidelity wireframes, creation of user flow diagrams, and clickable simulations
• Negotiate with delivery teams to prioritize user experience
• Leverage process modeling to clarify business requirements and to optimize business interactions across a large ecosystem of partners and vendors
• Build and maintain strong stakeholder partnerships. Facilitate engaging, interactive workshops to maximize stakeholder time, build trust, and drive satisfaction
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Expert level communication skills and attention to detail
• Expert level knowledge and experience of applying best practices for user interface / user experience design
• Strong HTML, CSS, knowledge and experience
• Experience in design tools for designing mid to high fidelity mockups (Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc)
• Ability to perform in large, highly complex, and ambiguous projects
• Ability to apply deep business domain knowledge to drive clarity and comprehension of scope and requirements
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and business concepts to technical audiences
Minimum Required Education and Experience
• Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree, and have a minimum of 5-7 years of product design experience with a focus on healthcare, working towards or holding applicable industry accreditation or certification; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network