Senior Database Developer
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The SeniorDatabase Developer will provide experienced and comprehensive database system technical expertise. As part of a team to develop and maintain clinical systems to meet internal and external client’s needs, designs and develops database objects and related coding for system feature enhancement and/or integration with customer systems. Modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Develops and maintains database objects and coding, SSIS packages and agent jobs to feature expansion of existing systems, new applications and integration requirements for internal and external systems.
- Perform data validation and make data corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for SQL development and troubleshooting SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views).
- Collaborate with system users and developers on technical direction regarding improvement of existing or new feature functionality, resolve issues or escalations as they arise and manage change requests.
- Participate in a continual cycle of internal process improvement to support the development of new or enhanced services or the use of new applications and technologies to further serve the organization’s and client’s needs.
- 3-5 years of experience in database development, administration and support with MS SQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Working knowledge of Transaction SQL; Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio; Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services.
- Relevant studies -engineering or computer science.
- Advanced level of English, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to translate requirement specifications and /or user requirements into a formal design document.
- Ability to independently search out solutions to solve complex problems, identify issues and recommend solutions.
- Possess strong analytical skills, as well as business acumen needed to effectively work with end users to transform requests into cost effective solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Detail oriented with ability to document action items and related follow-up.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network