Senior Azure SQL/On Prem MS SQL Database Administrator
Senior Azure/On Prem MS SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for the management of production and non- production databases; database maintenance activities; troubleshooting database-related issues; monitoring of database capacity and performance; installation, administration, and configuration of database server/instances/databases; installation and configuration of SSRS; Support release/code deployment activities (SSIS Packages, SSRS reports, SQL objects etc)
Conduct the following for Azure SQL/Azure SQL MI/SQL on Azure VM, On Prem SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, Azure Synapse and other related products as applicable and necessary
• Install/Configure/Setup/Administer and Maintain production and non-production environments
• Setup High-Availability and Disaster Recovery
• Plan and test high availability and disaster recovery
• Create Users and assign/manage permissions based on the level of access the user would need; ensure robust and full proof security of assets
• Resolve database integrity, performance, blocking, connectivity, and replication issues.
• Detect and resolve database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other contention issues.
• Perform and manage Database backup/recovery/restore and capacity monitoring
• Synapse workload management and optimization
• Setup SQL agent jobs, elastic jobs and runbook automation
• Identify and setup alerts and logging in Azure
• Maintain databases – Statistics, Indexes, fragmentation
• Conduct Performance tuning and optimization (Stored procedures, Views, Functions, Queries, database)
• Implement operational automation using scripts.
• Upgrade and maintain SQL Server and related software (apply patches and updates when necessary)
• Coordinate removal and/or archiving of data that is no longer required to be available in the production databases.
• Design and create databases to support development initiatives
• Support release/code deployment activities
• Provide 24x7 support as necessary
• Mentor junior/new DBA team members
• Manage a team of DBAs if necessary
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in HA/Failover technologies
• Experience in log shipping and DR Environments
• Strong Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
• Experience with SQL Server versions 2005 to 2019
• Experience running and troubleshooting SSIS packages
• Experience troubleshooting performance issues in the SQL Server
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network