Clinical Project Manager (Internal Medicine)
The IQVIA Internal Medicine unit is comprised of innovative and talented project management professionals spanning the globe and dedicated to assisting our clients in advancing healthcare. We are growing and seeking Project Leaders (Senior Clinical Project Managers / Clinical Project Managers) who share our passion for research that improves the lives of patients and who have experience delivering interventional cross-functional clinical trials in Infectious Disease, Respiratory, Ophthalmology and Rare Disease indications.
The Clinical Project Manager / Senior Clinical Project Manager role requires you to manage cross functional teams and liaise directly between IQVIA functions and the customer, acting as that accountable point for delivery and quality whilst maintaining financial control. You will be supported by domain experts in every function, enabled by best in class technology and data analytics.
Key collaborators are the Clinical Lead for site management, the Project Vendor Manager, the Project Management Analyst for project coordination, tracking and financial analysis, and the Site Activation Manager as an expert in start-up.
This is an important and high-profile role within our Research & Development Operation and IQVIA’s size and global footprint will present you with the breadth of opportunities necessary to develop your career.
Typically assigned to one or two projects, or a program, responsibilities might include:
- Leading global cross-functional project team delivery, accountable for achievement of milestones and quality of contracted scope
- Serving as the primary contact with the customer for progress and governance
- Developing study management plans and ensuring consistent use of study tools, training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures
- Anticipating risk and implementing mitigation strategies
- Managing study team assignments, accountability and resource requirements
- Ensuring the study budget is managed proactively including scope changes and financial systems are accurate
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 5-7 years’ clinical research experience
- Global project management experience within the drug development industry, with previous CRO experience is ideal. Minimum 4 years prior project management experience and experience in clinical operations; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- In depth therapeutic knowledge in Infectious Disease (e.g., seasonal, vaccine and treatment studies as well as SARS/COVID, influenza, hepatitis, RSV, HIV, Ebola, Dengue, malaria and TB), Respiratory (e.g., asthma, COPD, IPF, CF, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergy), Rare Diseases (e.g., genetic blood and metabolic conditions such as SCD, haemophilia, PNH, glycogen and lysosomal storage disorders, cell and gene therapy) and Ophthalmology (e.g., AMD, glaucoma, dry eye, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, etc) would be an advantage
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network