Technology Solutions Consulting Director
Overview of the team
The UKI Technology team provides solutions to Life Science customers across a broad portfolio of commercial offerings, such as compliance, customer engagement, reference data, information management and performance insights. Our purpose-built and connected ecosystem of technologies enables us to support our customers advanced business needs, ensuring that intelligence can be leveraged to generate the right insights and to enable customers to make the right decisions.
Our end-to-end technologies are complimented by our enablement consulting team, creating an exciting portfolio of capabilities that are helping our customers to drive their transformation ambitions forward and to uplift business capabilities in line with the changing needs of healthcare today.
In line with our success, the UKI Technology Solutions team is expanding so that we can continue to address the growing market opportunity and to enable us to deliver on our commercial strategy.
The fundamental role of the principal resource is to serve as a senior partner to clients to define the un-met need / problem statement and then to propose the most compelling possible solution to client combining IQVIA’s leading technology and service capabilities.
Overview of the role
As a Principal who is defining and driving business development, you will be focused on identifying, shaping and closing strategic opportunities in target HQ clients. You will manage a small team of Sales Specialists who you will support you in your Business Development endeavours and act alongside our internal delivery teams to implement solutions, as the client facing Technology Partner for complex projects.
Depending on the solution proposed, it is likely that the Principal will then lead the delivery of the sold engagement.
The three core requirements to the role are:
- Sales Achievement
- Solution design and delivery
The candidate will hone specific subject matter expertise that adds depth and value to client dialogue, for example specialising in data analytics or commercial engagement in the pharmaceutical industry.
Role and responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop existing business within any allocated HQ accounts
- Create and actively manage a new business development (whitespace) plan for target clients, including key strategies, win themes and tactics
- Develop strong and positive relationship with C-Level and senior LT stakeholders, driving conversations that unlock opportunities through strategic dialogue
- Produce and maintain annual and quarterly financial forecasts
- Liaise with EMEA Technology Solutions colleagues in other IQVIA country organisations to support the winning and delivery of multi-country projects for HQ clients
- Contribute to the successful management and delivery of our offerings at all stages of the life cycle and drive adoption to ensure high client value
- Ensure that client solutions are scoped and designed correctly to ensure that they will meet long term needs and support the delivery of services in line with pricing and profitability expectations.
- Possibility to take line management responsibility for a small team of individuals wit, with responsibilities including: assessment of individuals’ performance and skills and working with individuals to identify short medium and longer-term career goals to work towards.
Education, skills and experience required
- Significant previous commercial consulting experience in healthcare/ pharma
- Experience in leading consulting engagements across the Life Sciences industry, ideally a mixture of the management consulting and technology areas
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Able to support the execution of multiple complex projects at once within a team environment, to tight deadlines
- Good team player with strong interpersonal & influencing skills
- P&L management experience an advantage
- This role will require time in the office but a larger percentage of time working remotely
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network