Technical Business Analyst - Healthcare Data
Technical Business Analyst
Real-World Analytics & AI, RWS Technology
You will be working in a team of highly talented Data Engineers, Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and Business Analysts. Your main responsibility will be to formulate business problems based on customer requirements and provide directions to the Data Engineering and QA team for implementing the relevant solutions.
What to expect
- Translating requirements found in proposal documents, methodology decks or internal reports into a set of steps that can be implemented by Data Engineers and QA
- Building standard specifications for alerts from above requirements that can easily be implemented in the software
- Working with consultants to capture requirements and track progress of an alert
- Identifying missing features from the software tooling and works with PM and BA to propose generic yet flexible features
- Assisting with client-facing slide decks
- Designing the implementation for client-specific projects
- Building standard specifications for HCP Alert projects
- Contributing towards the product roadmap and acceptance criteria for features and stories
Our ideal candidate: Experience
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics (or similar) - alternatively, a relevant combination of education, training and work experience.
- Being able to translate customer requirements found in proposal documents, methodology decks, and internal reports, to a set of steps that can be implemented by Data Engineers and QA engineers
- Exposure around how alerts, triggers or business rules on data are formulated
- Exposure to US data assets (RxDx, Lab, EMR) and related coding systems (RxNorm, ICD,) for valid clinical definitions
- Being able to implement methodologies onto our software platforms, be it via our UI, via our tools, or by suggesting efficient and logical data query structures
- Proactive in suggesting alterations to underlying table structures to improve our processes and pipelines
- A proactive, innovative, and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently, able to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Experience with Agile delivery
- Being able to suggest solutions and approaches related to product perspective (e.g. KPI definition)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in engaging with internal stakeholders
Bonus points for:
- Experience with healthcare data (e.g. patient-level, longitudinal data)
- Knowledge of epidemiology / biostatistics, particularly analytical issues relating to studies of treatment effectiveness, disease progression, adherence, healthcare utilization, etc.
- Knowledge of healthcare / life science issues involving Real-World Evidence.
- Familiarity with data analytics, data science, and machine learning
- Experience in programming on major databases (Sql, Oracle, Spark)
Our Real-world Analytics & AI technology teams are about Big Data & Artificial Intelligence in healthcare, addressing pressing issues from accelerating drug development, to improving patient's diagnosis & treatment pathways.
We build capabilities at global scale - our portfolio of novel machine learning algorithms, automation of Machine Learning and deep-learning and industrialized SaaS platforms for complex analytics are designed to change current thinking in the pharmaceutical and regulatory landscape. The tools we build can connect, organise, and interpret huge volumes of global medical claims, EMR and Genomics data being generated today, this gives our clients the ability to transform it into actionable real-world insights and improve the lives of millions of people.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network