Senior Principal, Epidemiology
We have an opportunity for a senior client facing leader to drive and design the delivery of Real-World Solutions Data Science projects in EMEA. You will be working in a dynamic, global company of over 70,000 employees in more than 100 countries with a broad range of healthcare information, technology and service offerings.
Our clients operate in the life sciences industry, including the global top 20 pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, as well as public health providers and regulatory authorities. Our diverse mix of clients, the breadth of disease areas, as well as increasing access to novel data sources and methodologies provide a constant and rewarding challenge for our people.
For more information about our company please visit our website: https://www.iqvia.com/
You will work from our office in London office (other locations in UK, or Amsterdam may be considered). As a senior member of the regional European Real-World Services, you will be the primary owner of client engagements, with ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value. You’ll be driving team performance to meet or exceed revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added solutions that address complex client issues, as well as seeking out and identifying new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients.
As a leader in your area of expertise, you’ll raise the general profile of IQVIA in the space of (real-world) epidemiological studies, by attending scientific conferences and events, submitting articles to publications, and hosting in-person and virtual client events. Another important part of your role will be to mentor team members and foster the career development of line reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- MSc or PhD in Epidemiology, biostatistics, public health or a related discipline
- Significant experience in the life science or consulting industry
- Experience utilising large-scale healthcare databases populated with EMR data
- In depth and long-standing relationships with client companies, especially at a senior level.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross practice teams in the capture of projects of significant size and scope
- Strong consulting and client engagement skills
- Ability to work willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Able to manage complex relationships and juggle priorities.
- Strong client relationship and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO, or life sciences company
- Knowledge of real-world data needs of pharmaceutical clients
- History of successful project management, including client negotiations, contracting experience and scope management
- Experience of regulatory studies (e.g. PASS)
- Expertise in heath informatics
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network