Senior Director of Software Architecture & Development
Senior Director of Software Architecture & Development - Real-World Analytics & AI
Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
Help drive the commercial and strategic success of the Real-World Analytics & AI division by providing overall technical leadership to the entire software engineering group.
The role provides both architectural leadership and management leadership to all the Real-World Analytics & AI engineering teams. The Senior Director of Software Architecture & Development will take ultimate responsibility for overall software architecture , delivery, and quality. You will oversee multiple technical leaders, each of whom will be managing multiple software delivery teams. You must provide leadership to this group both from a management perspective and from architectural and design perspective.
You will work with the technical leaders to continue to develop and harmonize the overall technology architecture for the portfolio and will be able to communicate and evangelize this architecture to the entire team and beyond.
You will work closely with the head of Product Management to ensure the technology strategy is aligned with the overall product strategy. You will also work closely with the division’s Agile Project Management Office to ensure resources are allocated according to strategic priorities and appropriate skills are being developed within the teams.
You will be a seasoned technology leader with a vast array of management skills, knowledge of technology stacks and deep architectural design experience. You will have a mindset that drives continual learning and development within a fast-changing technology environment, coupled with the appropriate blend of pragmatism and perfectionism needed to achieve strategic business goals.
Experience and knowledge of blending Scrum methodologies and formal project and business management is essential in fulfilling this role.
Software Architecture & Design - Leading a team of technologists, you will have overall responsibility for software architecture and design.
Software Tooling - You will be responsible for choices of software tooling, languages and technology stacks.
Engineering Processes – You will have overall responsibility for optimizing engineering processes for a group of approximately 150 software engineers.
Organizational Management – you will be a member of the senior management team of the group, and will have responsibility for organizing teams within your area optimally to achieve the organizations strategic goals.
Strategic Planning & Communication – you will be a member of the team responsible for overall strategic planning, and will have responsibilities in strategic communications of both plans and critical architectural directions and choices.
Ideally you will have:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject.
- 10 years+ of related experience in software engineering management.
- 10 years+ of software architecture and design in multiple technology environments.
- 10 years+ of hands-on software engineering in multiple complex technology environments.
- Experience with big-data and AI/ML technologies.
- Experience of directly managing software development teams in an international context.
- First-hand knowledge of multiple technology stacks and languages.
- A deep personal interest in software technology.
- Deep Knowledge Scrum/Agile and how to apply this at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics on large-scale programs and projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including executive communication.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead from within the team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Previous experience in technical healthcare sector is an advantage.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWAS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network