Senior Big Data Engineer - Scala/Spark
Senior Data Engineer
Real-World Analytics & AI, RWS Technology
You will play an essential role as part of a product engineering team, who will develop healthcare web applications with machine learning components. The ability to learn extremely fast and rapidly build skills in cutting-edge technologies is essential. You will need to bring a depth of experience in spark and either Scala or Python.
You will need to understand the full range of tasks involved in constructing scalable, and reliable data pipelines. You will need to be highly collaborative, innovative and flexible. You must be excellent at communication, writing high quality code and taking initiative.
Our ideal candidate: Experience
- You will have a strong background in commercial software development and have experience in a Data Engineer role or similar.
- You have familiarity with Big Data ecosystem (e.g. Spark/HDFS)
- You have experience working with Agile methodology such as Scrum and familiarity with software development practices such as Continuous Integration, Behaviour-Driven Development and DevOps. You will have strong opinions on how to design high-quality, maintainable code for the long-term.
- You will have had some commercial experience of data exploration, cleansing, and the processing of messy data and experience working with very large datasets in SQL databases.
- You will be expected to provide both leadership and mentoring as well as being involved in hands-on coding and contributing to technical and architectural decisions.
Our ideal candidate: Tech Skills
- Significant experience (ideally long-term commercial projects) developing in at least two of the following: Spark, Scala, Airflow, Python,
- Experince in developing scalable, efficient, and automated processes and data pipelines, in addition to diagnosing and debugging problems with existing structures.
- Experience (at least one project) working with a variety of data storage and processing technologies such ElasticSearch, Redis, Hadoop, Spark..
- Bonus points for working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
You will join a high-profile team to work on an artificial intelligence backed predictive analytics software solution, providing data driven insights primarily into the impact / value of evidence and how to optimize evidence strategy. The predictive analytics are embedded in software which facilitates interpretation of the predictive analytics; stakeholder prioritization discussions; and evidence strategy decision making.
We are serious about healthcare software. We have a dedicated, collaborative team with meaningful shared goals who can use the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, and the best analytics tools to achieve them. And we have fun on the journey! We invite you to be part of a recognized global leader willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. You will be in good company, amongst some of the finest minds in Technology and Healthcare.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network