Research Executive/Analyst - Primary Market Research
About the Team
IQVIA’s UK-based Primary Intelligence team works closely with other teams within its Technology and Services division. This team supports the design and execution of consulting projects which leverage primary market research to support our clients’ commercial decision making and strategies across a broad range of therapeutic areas and geographical markets. These include ad-hoc and syndicated projects which can be standalone primary market research (PMR) projects or broader consulting engagements with PMR components.
The team leverages both proprietary methodologies and gold standard market research techniques to conduct both quantitative and qualitative market research and analysis, and generate insights and recommendations which address a broad spectrum of commercial questions across the product life-cycle. Most fieldwork is managed and carried out by an in-house team which leverages IQVIA’s own healthcare provider panels.
Analysts can work across multiple client projects at a time, playing an integral role in the successful delivery of market research studies by undertaking questionnaire design, analysis and preparation of final project materials. Depending on the project scope and complexity, Analysts may also be responsible for the day-to-day project management with oversight from senior team members.
Working closely with colleagues and clients on each project, Analysts help implement the most appropriate approach to address project objectives and client business issues, within the boundaries of required deadlines and quality standards.
Travel will be limited, and typically UK based. However, travel outside the UK may be required for project kick-off meetings and presentation of final project findings depending on project/client requirements.
- Design and creation of market research questionnaires and/or discussion guides
- Co-ordination of market research studies by working closely with other IQVIA teams and/or partner organizations
- Day-to-day project management to ensure project milestones are met and clients receive regular project status updates
- Draft report templates and define data tabulations requires to support report development
- Review report populated by off-shore teams, and analyze findings to determine trends and key project findings
- Development of final study reports in PowerPoint and/or support of interactive dashboard design and co-ordination (where required)
- Conduct ad hoc analysis using raw data to support project follow-up and address additional client queries
- Proactively develop broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and the pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent); preferably in physical, natural or biological science, medicine, mathematics, economics or business
- Work experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical market research with ability to design and manage quantitative and/or qualitative market research studies
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively and flexibly to support the execution of projects within a team environment and meeting all internal and external deadlines
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Interest in consulting, healthcare in general, and the pharmaceutical industry
- IT literate i.e. MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Language skills are beneficial but not essential
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network