Principal, Emerging Methods and Solutions (EMS)
IQVIA Real-World Solutions (RWS) teams work with clients worldwide to help them use complex, clinically rich, patient-level healthcare datasets to answer their specific research questions, make more informed decisions, and deliver results. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of Real-World Evidence (RWE) in a constantly evolving industry.
Specifically, you will be working in the RWS Emerging Methods and Solutions (EMS) Team. This is a multi-disciplinary team focused on innovative data generation approaches for real world studies, including patient-mediated data collection and leveraging EMR data for EDC pre-population and lighter-touch long term follow-up. The EMS team partners across the organization to design and deliver studies utilizing novel data collection methods and strategies, establish new internal and external data partnerships and pilot new initiatives to establish proof of concept and value to internal and external stakeholders.
As a Principal Emerging Methods and Solutions, you will join a high profile, talented and fast paced team, responsible for the development and delivery of innovative study methodology. You must thrive in a collaborative environment where you can leverage globally extensive real-world data assets of IQVIA to accelerate new business growth, as well as in-depth expertise in areas such as observational research, epidemiology and data management.
You will be part of the Leadership Team for EMS, which creates and executes the strategy for capability building as well as driving market demand. You will be expected to achieve business targets through proactive and reactive client engagements with a focus on deployment of EMS. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and subject matter expertise for project delivery, acting as a liaison between the proposal and project delivery teams. Both study delivery and offering development activities will also entail ownership of budget, profitability and utilisation rate of teams. You will be responsible for people leadership and development for junior members of the EMS team.
The successful Principal will, in parallel, drive revenue growth and expand or enhance the IQVIA EMS capability through strategic planning and high quality execution of all responsibilities.
Candidates interested in joining as a Principal, Emerging Methods and Solutions will have:
- Able to quickly problem solve and assess client opportunities to drive towards best study design approaches tailored to the specific research questions and needs of the client.
- Able to thrive within ambiguity of an evolving offering and create path forward for specific development plans.
- Able to create and populate evaluation frameworks to support evidence driven decision making on development portfolio.
- Experience managing teams to deliver client work to high quality standards, within budgets and agreed timelines
- Proven ability to advance ambiguous or conceptual ideas and engage multiple stakeholders, internal and client, to decision points.
- Leadership experience in complex organizations with demonstrated results in aligning people without formal reporting relationships.
- Word and PowerPoint competent, the ability to develop clear storylines and business cases.
- In addition, it will be advantageous if candidates have the following skills:
- Leadership experience in Healthcare with focus on real-world data and research studies; as a senior role within industry organisation or responsible for engaging seniors leaders as clients.
- Experience designing and delivering large scale observational studies.
- A track record of thought leadership, publications and public speaking.
- Offerings development experience – familiarity with accepted innovations models e.g. open innovation, ideation, product platforming, immersion or similar would be beneficial.
- Experience working with real-world data set, specifically electronic medical records and/or health claims data.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools, and techniques.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network