Market Research Consultant
Location: London, United Kingdom
Build a rewarding career in life sciences consulting and forge your own path. Partner with collaborative teams and leaders across unique projects and geographies, delivering innovative solutions to the most complex healthcare problems along the way. Working at IQVIA means changing outcomes for patients one data set, product offering, and innovative solution at a time.
As a Consultant at IQVIA, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career and explore opportunities in brand and integrated research solutions, go-to-market strategy, commercial excellence, real world data, financial investor consulting, and more.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes a Consultant at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I joined IQVIA after graduating from university and am grateful for the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to pursue over the last four years. I’ve had the chance to work with inspiring managers who have supported me with both professional and personal development. I am thrilled to move forward in my career at IQVIA!Arthur, Consultant, Financial Institutions
I simultaneously work on a number of customer-commissioned projects in multiple therapeutic areas using various primary research methodologies. This variety is what makes my role at IQVIA so interesting. It allows me to learn from my colleagues and customers alike and helps me to understand how the work we do supports the improvement of patient care.Julia, Senior Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
Working at IQVIA as a consultant has given me the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and experience across multiple disease areas and at different stages of the product lifecycle. This has supported my career development and accelerated my growth. If you enjoy learning new things and working on global projects, you will definitely enjoy working at IQVIA.Kevin, Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
One of the things I like most about working at IQVIA is the supportive environment that helps you achieve your full potential.Ana, Consultant, Financial Institutions
Working in healthcare consulting is inspiring! I am glad to be part of a close community that brings together diverse experiences and critical thinkers to help our customers move treatments forward that can change patients’ lives.Jose, Principal, Consulting Services
Environments that advance your skillset
Clear pathways to success
Work in distinctive areas of expertise
Projects that solve complex problems in new ways
Teams that work together to achieve one common goal
Programs to help build knowledge and gain skills
Market Research Consultant
Do you have experience in Market Research within the Life Sciences industry? If so, we want to hear from YOU!
About the Team
IQVIA’s UK-based Primary Intelligence team works closely with other teams within its Commercial Services division. This team supports the design and execution of consulting projects which leverage primary market research to support our clients’ commercial decision making and strategies across a broad range of therapeutic areas and geographical markets. These include ad-hoc and syndicated projects which can be standalone primary market research (PMR) projects or broader consulting engagements with PMR components.
The team leverages both proprietary methodologies and gold standard market research techniques to conduct both quantitative and qualitative market research and analysis, and generate insights and recommendations which address a broad spectrum of commercial questions across the product life-cycle. Most fieldwork is managed and carried out by an in-house team which leverages IQVIA’s own healthcare provider panels.
Consultants can work across multiple client projects at a time, playing an integral role in the successful delivery of market research studies by undertaking questionnaire design, analysis and preparation of final project materials. Depending on the project scope and complexity, Consultants may also be responsible for the day-to-day project management with oversight from senior team members.
Working closely with colleagues and clients on each project, Consultants help implement the most appropriate approach to address project objectives and client business issues, within the boundaries of required deadlines and quality standards.
Travel will be limited, and typically UK based. However, travel outside the UK may be required for project kick-off meetings and presentation of final project findings depending on project/client requirements.
- Design and creation of market research draft questionnaires and/or discussion guides
- Co-ordination of market research studies by working closely with other IQVIA teams and/or partner organizations
- Day-to-day project management to ensure project milestones are met and clients receive regular project status updates
- Draft report templates and define data tabulations requires to support report development under supervision of a project lead
- Review report populated by off-shore teams, and provide a first read and analysis of findings to determine trends and key project findings
- Development of final study reports in PowerPoint and/or support of interactive dashboard design and co-ordination (where required) with project lead guidance
- Conduct ad hoc analysis using raw data to support project follow-up and address additional client queries
- Proactively develop broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and the pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- 3+ years experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical market research with ability to design and manage quantitative and/or qualitative market research studies
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent); preferably in physical, natural or biological science, medicine, mathematics, economics or business
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively and flexibly to support the execution of projects within a team environment and meeting all internal and external deadlines
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Interest in consulting, healthcare in general, and the pharmaceutical industry
- IT literate i.e. MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Eligibility to work in the UK without sponsorship
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Language skills are beneficial but not essential
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network