Full Stack Developer (ReactJS/Golang)
Location: London, United Kingdom
When leveraging existing technologies isn't enough, you build new ones. As a Software Developer at IQVIA, you'll play a vital role in driving the design, development and deployment of new products that enable our customers to tackle some of the toughest global health problems.
While collaborating with experts across disciplines like NLP, genomics and predictive analytics, and access to IQVIA's 35+ petabytes of data, including 800+ million, non-identified, patient records, you'll help engineer the healthcare world of tomorrow, today.
- Full Time
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
What makes a Software Developer at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our freedom to investigate, experiment and innovate forms the basis of our development approach at IQVIA.Patrick, Senior Software Developer
As soon as I started working for IQVIA, I felt welcomed, supported and cared for by both the team and the company. As someone who is not a doctor or physician, it’s great to help make a difference in people’s lives in the medical world. You cannot fail to be inspired working here.Rachel,SQL Developer
Plans designed to fit your lifestyle
Plans to help you invest in your future
Training programs to support your career growth
Teams motivated to solve problems together
Unparalleled data assets including 1M+ data feeds
Awards & Recognition
Celebrations for a job well done
Full Stack Developer (ReactJS/Golang)
IQVIA are hiring for Software Engineers with some experience in ReactJS. You will be working in a team of highly talented engineers and data scientists. You will play an essential role as part of a product engineering team, who will develop healthcare web applications with machine learning components. The ability to learn extremely fast and rapidly build skills in cutting-edge technologies is essential. You will need to bring a depth of experience in full stack development and web technologies, be open about your strengths and weaknesses, and quickly identify how to move you and your team to the next step. A broad understanding of the latest data science technologies is a plus but not a requirement.
You will need to understand the full range of tasks involved in constructing effective and beautiful user-facing applications, from the underlying processing to the end-user experience. You will need to be highly collaborative, innovative and flexible. You must be excellent at communication, writing high quality code and taking initiative.
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
A typical day might include:
- Working in a cross-functional team – alongside talented Engineers and Data Scientists
- Building scalable and high-performant code
- Mentoring less experienced colleagues within the team
- Implementing web application components
- Working in an Agile Environment
- Refactoring and moving our current code base
- Enforcing coding standards and best practices
- Working in a geographically dispersed team
- Working in an environment with a significant number of unknowns – both technically and functionally.
Ideally you will have:
- You will have a strong background in commercial software development. You will have worked on multiple web applications, with modern languages and frameworks.
- You have experience working with Agile methodology such as Scrum and familiarity with software development practices such as Continuous Integration. You will have strong opinions on how to design high-quality, maintainable code for the long-term.
- You will have a degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science, mathematics, physics, artificial intelligence or similar).
- Additionally, knowledge of and some experience of software engineering practices with the relevant technologies on commercial or large academic projects is welcome.
- You will be expected to provide both leadership and mentoring as well as being involved in hands-on coding and contributing to technical and architectural decisions.
Our ideal candidate: Tech Skills
- Significant experience (ideally long-term commercial projects) developing in ReactJS and Golang.
- Have experience working with microservices architectures.
- Experience (at least one project) working with a variety of data storage and processing technologies such as PostgreSQL or ElasticSearch.
- Bonus points for working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
IQVIA is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success.
We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network