Business Development Manager
IQVIA continues to grow its business at the interface of life sciences and healthcare by selling our extensive services to support a broad range of government and NHS organisations’. Key to our continued success is the recruitment of talented business development manager
IQVIA is seeking a candidate to engage with executive level customers across Public Sector, and Government departments e.g. DHSC, UK has, MoJ, MOD, NHSEI etc., to sell and position our capabilities.
The successful candidate will proactively generate new sales leads, successfully close leads referred by colleagues and provide feedback on the competitive landscape to the product leads..
The person must develop a good understanding of both IQVIA and its offerings, along with a solid understanding of the public sector landscape. The applicant must also be innovative and proactive in their sales cycle, linking in with broader the broader IQVIA portfolio where appropriate.
Client Base. Central Government departments including; Cabinet Office, DHSC, NHSE&I/NHSD/NHSX/MHRA/NICE, UKHSA, BEIS, DCMS, Scottish Government, MoD, MoJ, TfL and to ‘arms-length organisations’ including not for profit and those with charitable status. These areas will be kept under review and refined as market development progresses.
- Develop an understanding of the breadth of IQVIA’s capabilities, with the support of the line manager, to maximize ability to sell solutions to the above client base
- Pipeline development and management. Work with the wider IQVIA community to support client opportunities and maintain an active pipeline
- Achieve or exceed the assigned revenue targets
- Accurately qualify leads based on client need and IQVIA’s capabilities (inherent and/or with partners)
- Secure access to relevant Frameworks
- Lead generation activity, such as cold calling, internal and external referrals and online research
- Identify and engage potential new opportunities with new and existing clients and contacts
- Completion of underpinning sale activities (eg account planning, financial reporting, opportunity management etc)
- Develop and close, with support from management and sales specialists/consultant colleagues, opportunities to provide solutions that address client needs
- Strategic partnership support; support the formation and business collaboration with key strategic partners
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Sales background in selling solutions to the public sector; government departments, NHS including skills across the full sales cycle (from lead identification to contract negotiations and closing)
- A thorough understanding of Gov. procurement and process e.g. market engagement
- Proven track record of managing a balanced pipeline of short-term tactical opportunities to long term strategic engagements
- Strong understanding of financial reporting/forecasting and sales opportunity management.
- Client facing in terms of stakeholder and relationship development and the ability to manage CRM
- Able to develop a mature network of senior clients (Director Level) across an organisation.
- Able to create and execute strategic customer plans and demonstrable skills in strategic selling
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proactive and accountable with the aim to always drive client satisfaction
- Self-motivated, driven to succeed yet able to work as part of a team
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and to work collaboratively to pull together client engagements and delivery of projects
- Demonstrable sales training particularly in complex environments
- Demonstrable negation skills of complex requirements
- Commercially astute
- Degree is desirable
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network