Cloud and Big Data Support Lead
We are looking for a Cloud and Big Data Support Lead in our IT Operations team in order to optimize, maintain and provide support for Big Data and Cloud Platforms within Canada. You are capable to adapt to opensource technologies and will have knowledge in Cloud Services and DevOps tools. You will be responsible for providing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level technical support for customers along with enhancements and bug fixes.
- Technical support of application to ensure highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our internal and external clients
- Required to support multiple applications in production
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code changes and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Development and enhancement of applications running in production
- Fixing recurring issues and automation of level 1 support
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in Hadoop echo system.
- Proficient in Java/Scala and MapReduce/Spark
- Should have sound knowledge in Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, HDFS, Hive, kafka, etc.
- Good knowledge of Shell Scripting and Linux.
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and support
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments
- Databases (Oracle, HBase, Cassandra)
- Prior working experience with Cloudera CDH.
- Involved in problem determination using application and system error logs.
- Unix, Any one programing language (Scala,java,python,C++) ,HDFS architecture,Kafka and Spark.
- Full understanding of Relational Database Management Systems: General concept to any relational database and ETL
- Experience in: Spark, Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie, kafka, HDFS, Hive Cloudera CDH.
- Operating Systems – Windows Server 2012, Linux Red Hat 5x (and above) familiarity.
- Good documenting skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Due to the dynamic nature of the business, self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly are essential
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network