Data Scientist 1
Job Description Summary
As a Data Scientist, you will be involved in many areas of DMD’s Email, AIMXR and Ecosystem data, including analysis, reporting, research, and optimization.
You will participate in a wide range of business activities from working with project owners on understanding requirements to processing the data, creating the visualizations, and most importantly, delivering the results that help guide business decisions. You will also be responsible for building self-service tools, reports and data extracts to be used by clients and internal stakeholders.
You will join a highly visible team with engagement across nearly every segment of DMD’s business and operations. We help answer some of the toughest business questions with quantifiable data analysis and interpretation. As a member of this team, you will not just produce the results, but seek insights from the data, and tell the relevant story, allowing stakeholders to connect with the data, and build deeper understanding. You will also be responsible for designing and automating data collection, transformation, validation and distribution processes for internal and external clients.
The list below is not comprehensive, but rather intended to provide a general idea of the opportunities available as a Data Scientist, with DMD
• Produce ‘deep-dive’ analysis of our unique data and communicate effective, actionable narratives
• Validate and manipulate high volume of web, email and physician level data
• Assist with processing and delivery of contracted client facing reports and analysis
• Improve existing client facing data visualizations and reports
• Work with Sales and Account Management teams to support their new client and upsell opportunities
• Contribute to ongoing product support and facilitate the development new customer support applications.
• Build a solid working knowledge of DMD’s data sources, their relationships and value to internal and external client’s business challenges and requirements.
• Efficiently respond to client issues and needs. Generate solution options while balancing the client’s demands with other reporting priorities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in Data Science and Analytics, client facing reporting and data storytelling
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• BS degree with a specialty in data science, data analytics or related
• 4+ years of relevant experience in data analytics and marketing support
• Experience with relational-style query languages is rquired (T-SQL, AWS Athena or SQL Server)
• Understanding of data pipelining and ETL, solid R knowledge
• Understanding of Tableau, and AWS
• Knowledge of Agile software development and project management processes
• Understanding of Medical / Pharmaceutical digital marketing industry and the related data and regulations is desired, but not mandatory
• Unparalleled attention to detail, multitasking and organizational capacity
• Strong technical, process and problem-solving proficiency
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Ability to set and deliver on priorities and deal with a degree of ambiguity
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications capabilities
• Display organizational and emotional intelligence
• A desire to learn, adapt and perfect your work
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network