Senior Scientist, Method Development
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
- Develop reliable extraction, chromatographic and mass spectrometric analysis procedures for highly challenging and complex methods. Document all project work according to Method Development processes and procedures.
- Communicate progress and status to the Associate Director of Method Development and Project Management as necessary.
- Independently interact with Project Management and client to provide updates on project status as necessary.
- Efficiently guide Wet Lab staff with clear instructions and communication.
- Provide Project Management clear documentation of method and work with analytical staff during the method hand-off process after a successful method development.
- Strengthen knowledge in chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques.
- Participate in company-wide analytical issues as needed.
- Evaluate rigor of method development processes to ensure successful method hand-off and validation.
- Develop and implement standardized procedures to facilitate routine method development.
- Function as scientific resource, including training, assisting in troubleshooting, and participating in scientific initiatives.
- Prepare biological samples (plasma, serum, urine, tissue, etc) for LC-MS/MS analysis by solid-phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, protein precipitation, etc.
- Utilize laboratory equipment including micropipettes, automated extraction instrumentation, centrifuges, glassware, notebooks, etc.
- Prepare stock and working solutions.
- Develop awareness of new technologies and participate in evaluation processes.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for work area.
Minimum required education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or a related field Req
- 3 years' progressively responsible related experience. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understanding of bioanalytical techniques, instrumentation, development of methodology, sample handling and preparation, and data analysis.
- Ability to maintain clear and efficient method development documentation.
- Ability to optimally maintain long-term culture as needed.
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of biological samples. Ability to follow scientific directions and work in a team.
- Ability to complete documentation per GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements.
- Ability to adhere to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ability to follow verbally communicated or draft procedures.
- Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures.
- Ability to interact with clients, and work to objectives/timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network