The Manager, Metrology is responsible for managing instrumentation and metrology related programs to ensure effective support of the business and compliance with regulatory requirements. Oversees a team of individuals to coordinate support of related programs.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include hiring and training
• planning, assigning, and directing work
• performance management and guiding professional development.
• Sets week to week operational activities for the team. Contributes to departmental strategy and interprets to determine objectives to meet strategic goals.
• Determines resourcing needs to ensure effective delivery.
• Participates in budget planning process based on revenue targets and financial goals, inclusive of consumables, instrumentation, and resourcing needs. Identifies opportunities for cost savings.
• Accountable for ensuring activity in the department meets safety and quality guidelines. Drives individual accountably across the team. Leads investigations with EHS/Quality and drives resolution for enhancements.
• Ensures timely and appropriate resolution of CAPA and quality incidents, quality and compliance metrics, root cause analysis and improvement.
• Responsible for the development and tracking of key functional metrics.
• Monitors and analyzes metrics to identify and drive areas for improvement.
• Keeps abreast of new technical developments. Assist with implementation of new tests, equipment, programs and/or procedures in the assigned area(s) as needed. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency.
• Fosters a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Participates in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
• Leads cross functional and regional efforts to ensure harmonization and best practices are established and followed.
• Partners to provide technical leadership cross functionally to identify new equipment needs, budgetary requirements, and RFP's.
• Responsible for identifying and driving efficiencies and process improvements, often with a cross functional or multi-facility scope.
• Responsible for oversight of the installation and qualification of new equipment, instrumentation, and controlling software according to standard operating procedures, as appropriate.
• Responsible for oversight of Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs for analytical instruments and laboratory equipment while maintaining and updating existing PM programs, inclusive of risk assessment and gap analysis.
• Proactively evaluate equipment life cycle and opportunities for enhanced equipment and technology. Evaluates cost and infrastructure considerations for new technology and presents opportunities to the business for consideration.
• Drive the development of business continuity plans, preparation, and support as it relates to equipment and instrumentation.
• Ensure appropriate development and maintenance of SOPs for instrumentation/metrology.
• Responsible for oversight of inventory and Supply Chain records.
• Responsible for management of outside vendors to ensure effective support of applicable instruments.
• Ensures effective monitoring of equipment systems, including after hours support.
• Acts as project manager to support lab initiatives, such as facility changes and new instrumentation evaluations.
• Serves as a subject matter expert to support the audit and inspection process and responds directly to inquiries.
• Responsible for the creation of training programs and tools, as well as the delivery of training to employees on equipment and instrumentation usage.
• May guide other facilities on equipment and instrumentation queries.
• Partners with Quality function to ensure equipment and instrument programs meet evolving regulatory requirements. Performs work in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for supporting six sigma, quality, and safety initiatives.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Other equivalent combination of education and experience
• 7 years experience in a laboratory environment.
• Understands basic management principles such as work scheduling, prioritizing , coaching and performance management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS,AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of occupational safety and health rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated experience in management of instrumentation and metrology programs, driving, and implementing best practices.
• Related hands-on experience in calibration and repair of measuring and test equipment, inclusive of experience documenting preventative maintain programs.
• Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, Word with an emphasis on Excel required.
• Related hands-on experience in troubleshooting laboratory equipment and resolve process issues.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering documents and equipment schematics.
• Experience in the evaluation and on-boarding of new equipment.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and convey complex technical information.
• Ability to bring projects and deliverables to completion under timeline expectations.
• Experience with root cause analysis and quality management systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, and close attention to detail are essential.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
• Ability to maintain a minor degree of independence to complete assigned tasks and projects.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Applicable certifications and licenses as required by local regulations.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.