Director, LCMS Biologics Method Development
The Director, Assay Development is responsible for leading a team(s) of Assay/Method Development professionals and people managers who exercise latitude and independence in assignments. Partners with executive and global leadership to establish strategy and ensure implementation to drive achievement of annual objectives and supporting long term success.
• Responsible for policy and strategy implementation for short term result.
• Serves as technical lead and point of contact for clients.
• Leads complex technical projects for the organization, often on a global scale.
• Responsible for hiring, onboarding, and performance management of team.
• Responsible for ensuring effective resourcing to meet client and budgetary expectations.
• Sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational and strategic results with short to mid-term timeframe.
• Drives innovation and develops new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the job function strategy.
• Stong knowledge of drug metabolism and biotransformation concepts and experimental techniques.
• May serve as technical lead and primary point of contact for clients on proposal generation.
• Monitors utilization patterns of services and advise on developing trends in industry needs.
• Contributes to the development and achievement of the department's operating budget.
• Makes recommendations to senior leadership for budget oversight.
• Responsible for achievement of revenue targets. Establishes standards for cost control and waste reduction.
• Responsible for mentoring and development of team members.
• Responsible for ensuring alignment to scientific quality standards.
• Fosters a unified culture and facilitates collaboration, coorperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Lead initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
• Manages staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations.
• Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work
• appraising performance and guiding professional development
• rewarding and disciplining employees
• addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific discipline required
• 10 years of related experience in method or assay development or specific methodology area.
• 5 years of line management experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS,AND ABILITIES:
• Requires broad management knowledge to lead teams, and well as the ability to influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, procedures, and goals. Requires extensive knowledge of method development. Viewed as a leading expert within the field by peers.
• Requires comprehensive knowledge of scientific principles, theories, concepts, and state of the art instrumentation.
• Strong knowledge of the drug development industry and applying that knowledge to the improvement of their business unit.
• Understands the specific phase of development relevant to the assigned method and interactions/implications of method development across cross functional areas.
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills.
• Skill in extracting relevant data to measure performance indicators and proactively plan for growth and scalability.
• Ability to lead and motivate high-performing teams.
• Ability to analyze work processes to drive efficiency and scalability.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and ensure that they are performed in a quality manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Effective communication and presentation skills to influence at various levels of the business, including senior leadership.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.