Associate Scientist, Sample Preparation
Location: Ithaca, New York
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Associate Scientist, Sample Preparation
This scientific position builds on past experience, skills and personal attributes of an accomplished bioanalytical scientist. The position involves applying analytical skills to assist in the development and implementation of profit-generating biomarker and biotherapeutic assays.
- Work under the direction of a Director or other higher-level scientific personnel to validate and apply new bioanalytical approaches pertaining specifically to LC/MS biomarker and biotherapeutic assays
- Uphold all safety standards, discipline guidelines and regulatory compliance requirements
- Maintain accurate documentation during study lifetime and archive material promptly following completion
- Participate in method development, method validation, and sample analysis
- Perform liquid-liquid, protein precipitation, and solid-phase extractions
- Work with automated extraction instrumentation
- Interface with Laboratory Operations to request and return study samples
- Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples. Aliquots control matrices
- Weigh reference compounds if respirator-certified
- Make and record observations, performs calculations, and collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Document all project work according to Q2 and GLP processes and procedures
- Perform pipette maintenance and calibration verification. Assists with trouble-shooting laboratory instrumentation and other maintenance as required
- Work with team members to manage assigned projects to establish priorities, set schedules, and monitor progress to ensure that projects are progressing satisfactorily
- Maintain method development documentation in accordance with departmental procedures
- Strengthen knowledge in chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques
- Establish Q2 Bioanalytical Labs as a preferred outsource provider of LCMS Biologics services
- Contribute scientifically to method development
- Maintain lab equipment, supports lab safety, and comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements
- May coordinate application of validated methods to LCMS Biologics sample analysis
- May communicate with clients regarding progress on scientific and operational objectives
- May use LIMS system to schedule samples, set up and edit work lists and manage bioanalytical data
- May assist with the application of validated methods to routine sample analysis and to direct studies from clients from method development through validation and sample analysis
- May review run binders and notebooks and other project-related documentation at the direction of the Project Leader (includes validation reports)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures
- Understanding of wet-laboratory sample extraction
- Ability to maintain clear and efficient method development documentation
- Ability to follow verbally communicated or draft procedures
- Understanding of development/validation methodology
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to interact with clients, and work to objectives and timelines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma and 5 years’ relevant lab experience ; or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
- Long periods of mental concentration
- Extensive use of pipetting requiring repetitive motion of upper body, arms, hands and fingers
- Regular sitting and standing for extended periods of time
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.