Associate Scientist, Sample Preparation - LCMS Biologics
Location: Ithaca, New York
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Associate Scientist, Sample Preparation - LCMS Biologics
This scientific position builds on past experience, skills and personal attributes of an experienced bioanalytical scientist. The position involves applying analytical skills to assist in the development and implementation of biomarker and biotherapeutic assays.
• Work under the direction of Management, Lead Operational Scientist or other higher-level scientific personnel to validate and apply new bioanalytical approaches pertaining specifically to LC/MS biomarker and biotherapeutic assays. Support for CORE analytics work may be required.
• Uphold all safety standards, discipline guidelines and regulatory compliance requirements
• Participate in method development, method validation, and sample analysis
• Perform liquid-liquid, protein precipitation, immunoprecipitation and solid-phase extractions
• Work with automated extraction instrumentation
• Interface with Sample Management to request and return study samples
• Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples. Aliquot control matrices
• Weigh reference compounds
• Make and record observations, performs calculations, and collects and prepares data for evaluation
• Document all project work according to Q2 and GLP processes and procedures
• Perform pipette maintenance and calibration verification. Assists with trouble-shooting laboratory instrumentation and other maintenance as required
• Work with team members to manage assigned projects to establish priorities, set schedules, and monitor progress to ensure that projects are progressing satisfactorily
• Strengthen knowledge in chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques
• Contribute scientifically to method development
• Maintain lab equipment, supports lab safety, and comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements
• May coordinate application of validated methods to LCMS Biologics sample analysis
• May communicate with clients regarding progress on scientific and operational objectives
• May assist with the application of validated methods to routine sample analysis and to direct studies from clients from method development through validation and sample analysis
• Responsible for providing clear communication with higher level Scientific, Study Lead, Project Leader and LC/MS/MS teams
• Assist with maintaining adequate supplies and housekeeping of laboratory areas.
• Train to be a back-up LC/MS Scientist if needed
• Participate in analytical and troubleshooting issues
• Peer review wet laboratory preparations
• Update Analytical Method Summaries
• Clean glassware and sustain six sigma in wet laboratory areas
• May create worklists in Watson LIMS systems, create preparations for sample analysis
• Assist with training new wet laboratory staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures
• Understanding of development/validation of methodology
• Understanding of wet-laboratory sample extraction
• Ability to interact with clients, and work to objectives/timelines
• Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
• Ability to maintain clear and efficient method development documentation
• Ability to follow verbally communicated or draft procedures
• Brief understanding of chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Familiarity with a variety of pipettes
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related field with 2 year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
• Extensive use of micropipettes requiring repetitive motion of hand and wrist
• May be required to lift 20 pound loads on an infrequent basis
• Ability to wear PPE, as required
• Will work with general laboratory reagents and research compounds
• The ability and willingness to work with known infectious materials, radioactive materials, and analytes with a high occupational exposure band rating (safety measures provided)
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.