Associate Manager, LCMS Biologics
Act as a technical specialist and oversee the LCMS Biologics Laboratory production operations and staff. Duties also include identifying and driving continuous process improvement and quality initiatives.
• Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
• Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
• Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that results are within acceptable tolerances. Perform and document hands on training for other Scientists in areas of proven competency as assigned.
• Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to Team Lead or Laboratory Management immediately.
• Act as a back up in any area of daily laboratory operations, as needed, and meet expectations of the Scientist job responsibilities in that area.
• Oversee the technology transfer of methods and SOPs from other groups within IQVIA such as Research and Development departments. This includes working with those departments to fill gaps that are identified to ensure the technology will be sustainable and scalable in laboratory operations.
• Demonstrate advanced domain knowledge to provide input on technical inquiries and provide leadership in troubleshooting projects. Including application of root cause analysis and advanced problem solving techniques.
• Produce technical documentation for laboratory assays and associated pipelines across all service areas in the business (i.e. Laboratory Ops, Quality Systems, Information Technology, and Finance).
• Identify and lead continuous process improvement initiatives for laboratory operations, including but not limited to the following responsibilities: Review of laboratory metrics to identify initiatives as well as establish additional metrics such as cost savings that are associated with process improvement initiatives; Work with stakeholders on process improvement initiatives to present projects and ensure that goals are met; Independently identify and evaluate vendor platforms to that may help meet goals of the initiatives; Documentation of all project aspects including formal validations of laboratory methods; Present findings to a wide variety of audiences internal and external to IQVIA.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical field required.
• Minimum 2 years' relevant experience required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, flexibility, and initiative.
• Demonstrated teamwork/interpersonal skills, project management skills.
• Oral/written communication skills and customer-client orientation.
• Decision making ability, results orientation, problem-solving ability.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to maintain clean and efficient laboratory operations.
• Ability to perform fully GLP compliant sample and reference compound custody.
• Ability to provide effective client communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Ability to trouble-shoot and perform minor repairs to daily use equipment.
• Basic chemistry knowledge and how it relates to a safety in the work place.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.