Associate Director Project Services (Homebased)
Direct the Project Services team in order to achieve successful client delivery and repeat business: Mentor and guide team to successfully achieve their client study deliverables and departmental goals; Drive continuous improvement initiatives in processes and procedures used by the project services group; Act as Regional Director for department and perform local and global oversight for designated accounts or initiatives as needed.
• Provide direction to Project Services team comprised of line management and individual contributor staff
• Play an active role in the enhancement of Project Services systems and processes to ensure global development and alignment
• Responsible for budget planning, monitoring and control for employees and/or department
• Act as a champion or business process owner as appropriate to ensure that Six Sigma or other projects are completed as described in the project charter and within the set timelines
• Ensure that staff understand and adhere to Good Clinical Practices
• Actively participate or lead external customer meetings to promote company and support existing and future business
• Work closely with internal departments, external vendors and the sponsor to promote departmental initiatives and/or client needs
• Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, co-operation, sharing of information and teamwork
• Keep abreast of new technical developments and initiatives and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency
• This position will involve extensive mentoring and professional development of staff:
• Manage assigned staff and day-to-day activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable regulations
• Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work
• mentoring and training staff
• performance management, including appraising performance and guiding professional development, rewarding and disciplining employees as applicable
• Assess talent within project management and drive the consistent, high-quality project management services
• Develop and encourage a culture of delivering “best-in-industry” customer service by ensuring rapid identification of risks/issues and driving successful resolution with internal and external customers
• For assigned accounts and as applicable:
• Manage overall client relationship and achieve all budget, revenue, gross bookings and margin targets
• Support the sales/ business development process for the accounts
• Develop a broad network of relationships at the accounts in clinical development, operations, and procurement
• Responsible for contract/MSA negotiations with our key accounts
• Identify new market opportunities, trends, customer needs and competitors where applicable
• Develop and implement standard expectations and performance metrics for communication and responsiveness to customers
• Collaborate with internal teams (Ops, IT, Finance, PM, DM, Set-up, etc) to facilitate the implementation of new systems, study management tools and/or processes, as applicable
• Participate in the Customer Governance Process as assigned and provide strategic direction and support for an assigned customer segment
• Act as project management process owner for all applicable customer segments in areas including but not limited to recruitment, staffing, SOPs, and process improvements, as applicable
• Work performed is in accordance with ICH E6 Guideline for Good Clinical Practice
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree Life Sciences or related field preferred
• Master's Degree Public Health; Clinical Research; MBA preferred
• 10 years of clinical or research industry experience preferred
• 5 years Project Services experience, including line management. 2 years experience in central laboratory preferred
• International industry experience, including experience successfully managing cross functional/global teams preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS,AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to improve complex operations.
• Strategic thinker and demonstrated analytic ability.
• Strong people management skills with the ability to develop and lead cross-functional teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills interacting with high level organizations and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong customer focus.
• Broad knowledge of ICH GCP quality assurance.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and computer proficiency including word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications required.
• Good understanding of medical and clinical research terminology.
• Knowledge of Project Services (PM, DM, Set-Up) processes and terminology.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
• High ethical standards.
• Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Sound judgement and decision making skills specifically in relation to business and finance.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.