Associate Scientist, Biotransformation
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
At the forefront of genomics, flow cytometry, anatomic pathology, vaccines, bioanalytical and other laboratory services, we deliver cutting-edge solutions with a continuous investment in innovative laboratory testing capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific expertise alongside industry thought leaders, use advanced technologies and learn pioneering techniques in one of our many state-of-the-art global laboratories.
We treat each sample as if a life depends on it. We know there are patients out there hoping for a cure, and together, we can turn that hope into help.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes Scientists at Q2 Solutions successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
As you progress through your career, you'll play a vital role in helping our customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before, improving healthcare for future generations.
Associate Principal Scientist
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
A career at Q2 Solutions will provide...
Work culture that supports improved work-life balance
Awards & Recognition
Programs that celebrate and recognize accomplishments
Cross-functional idea sharing and thinking to accomplish common goals
Associate Scientist, Biotransformation
Analyze and report in vitro and in vivo biotransformation studies, with focus on analytical method development, metabolite profiling, and reporting. Collaborate with senior staff regarding study execution as it relates to timelines, data quality, and interpretation of results.
- Perform tasks associated with in vitro and in vivo metabolite ID studies.
- Prepare samples and conduct data processing of the results, troubleshoot and solve problems in the analyses.
- Compile, analyze and prepare data, write protocols and reports.
- Under supervision, develop and/or implement analytical methods for analysis of drug metabolites, conduct metabolic profiling, and collect appropriate MS and MS/MS data for determination of metabolite structures and associated pathways, using appropriate level of regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for delivery of results in accordance with the project time schedule.
- Conduct ordinary laboratory maintenance and service/maintenance of instruments, fault-trace, adjust, calibrate and evaluate the functioning of the equipment.
- Provide guidance to lower level and new staff as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related field required.
- 1 year of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, with particular focus on instrument use and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to implement good laboratory practices and other standards within area of responsibility.
- Good documentation skills.
- Ability to manage and maintain complete and accurate records of experiments.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work against milestones or goals.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Knowledge and implementation of safe laboratory practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.