Senior Software Engineer
The Analytics Center of Excellence
Our Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. We’re using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.
Working with an enormous breadth of data, you will be able to design and develop data science applications. As a senior software engineer in ACOE you will collaborate with business owners, subject matter experts, and go to market teams to build truly innovative solutions to support clinical trials business, including optimizing design and execution of clinical trials, and improving risk management.
Involved in every stage of the product development lifecycle, you will work with data scientists to turn working prototypes into well-abstracted reusable services, build software to expose data science models to business users through responsive UIs, and support a culture of continuous improvement. As a senior software engineer, you will be a hands-on technical leader, who will also provide architecture and shape coding standards. You will also mentor engineers and data scientists and research and share new solutions.
Your typical activities will include:
- Consistently deliver robust, high-quality, reliable engineering outcomes in cross functional autonomous scrum teams
- Develop automated CI/CD pipelines that deploy to both on-premises clusters and to the cloud
- Research current and emerging industry tools and techniques, and share these findings with colleagues
- Improve product quality
- Write automated tests to verify the application/service functionality
- Coordinate with data scientists and facilitating their development with the aim of helping them write production grade code
- Drive curiosity and innovation
- Establish and enforce standards
- Facilitate cross-team knowledge sharing
- Design and lead engineering efforts going towards building business applications
- Collaborate with engineers and leaders from other organizations inside IQVIA
- Support the product owner by understanding business requirements and helping the team break these into stories
- Lead cross-team exercises, including DevOps incident management bridges
- Lead documentation efforts for product architecture and security compliance
- Lead security assessments and product readiness evaluation
- Perform code reviews for work submitted by other engineers
- Apply SDLC processes consistently every day
- Mentor interns, apprentices, and other engineers
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant collaborative software engineering experience
- 2+ years full time engineering roles in at least two companies
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience designing applications using a microservices architecture
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or another container orchestration platform
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience deploying code into production through CI/CD tools
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Linux command line tools
- Prior experience leading engineering projects or teams
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of product development lifecycle
- Demonstrated aptitude for and interest in peer mentorship
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working in a collaborative Agile environment
- Previous experience evaluating the security of an application
We will also appreciate if you have some of:
- Experience working with cloud ecosystems
- Experience with building, testing, measuring, and deploying machine learning models in production
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data with workflow management tools like Airflow
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Knowledge of UX principles
- Experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with clinical domain and with regulated data
- Prior management training (useful while this is not a management role)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network