Principal / Senior Principal (m/w/d) – Analytics & Consulting, Pharma / Life Sciences
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Aachen, Germany; Aalen, Germany; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Arnsberg, Germany; Germany; Berlin, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Kölln, Germany; Konstanz, Germany; Mannheim, Germany; Munich, Germany; Vienna, Austria
Build a rewarding career in life sciences consulting and forge your own path. Partner with collaborative teams and leaders across unique projects and geographies, delivering innovative solutions to the most complex healthcare problems along the way. Working at IQVIA means changing outcomes for patients one data set, product offering, and innovative solution at a time.
As a Consultant at IQVIA, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career and explore opportunities in brand and integrated research solutions, go-to-market strategy, commercial excellence, real world data, financial investor consulting, and more.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry-level, Mid-level, Senior-level
- Travel: No
What makes a Consultant at IQVIA successful? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“I joined IQVIA after graduating from university and am grateful for the fantastic opportunities I’ve been able to pursue over the last four years. I’ve had the chance to work with inspiring managers who have supported me with both professional and personal development. I am thrilled to move forward in my career at IQVIA!”Arthur, Consultant, Financial Institutions
“I simultaneously work on a number of customer-commissioned projects in multiple therapeutic areas using various primary research methodologies. This variety is what makes my role at IQVIA so interesting. It allows me to learn from my colleagues and customers alike and helps me to understand how the work we do supports the improvement of patient care.”Julia, Senior Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
“Working at IQVIA as a consultant has given me the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and experience across multiple disease areas and at different stages of the product lifecycle. This has supported my career development and accelerated my growth. If you enjoy learning new things and working on global projects, you will definitely enjoy working at IQVIA.”Kevin, Consultant, Brand and Integrated Research Solutions
“One of the things I like most about working at IQVIA is the supportive environment that helps you achieve your full potential.”Ana, Consultant, Financial Institutions
“Working in healthcare consulting is inspiring! I am glad to be part of a close community that brings together diverse experiences and critical thinkers to help our customers move treatments forward that can change patients’ lives.”Jose, Principal, Consulting Services
Environments that advance your skillset
Clear pathways to success
Work in distinctive areas of expertise
Projects that solve complex problems in new ways
Teams that work together to achieve one common goal
Programs to help build knowledge and gain skills
Principal / Senior Principal (m/w/d) – Analytics & Consulting, Pharma / Life Sciences
IQVIA™ (www.IQVIA™.com) is the world’s leading company providing information, technology, and services for virtually every type of stakeholder in healthcare. Every day, IQVIA™ innovates on a large scale. We have been the big data company in healthcare before the “Big Data” term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives.
IQVIA has been delivering management consulting services to the biopharma industry for over a decade. It is our sole focus on life sciences, deep expertise in key commercial and technical areas, unique access to proprietary data, and in-market presence around the world that allows us to achieve our mission of making a positive long-term impact on healthcare.
Consulting and Analytics in Germany is part of IQVIA’s Commercial and Consulting Services team in EMEA. The team supports healthcare and life sciences clients to make decisions across their commercial value chain, with the goal to create value for their brands and to improve patient care.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in life sciences consulting. You’ll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple business areas with a hands-on influence in delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
As a Principal / Senior Principal within Consulting Analytics Services, you will take on a variety of roles that focus primarily within the following core areas: client/project leadership, business development, and firm/operational leadership roles.
The main focus of a principal is to deliver outstanding client service, while building trusted relationships with new and existing clients. Success will be measured by the ability to take on larger and more complex projects, while opening up new business relationships to the firm. You will work directly with clients to develop business opportunities and deliver projects ensuring that delivery results are at high levels of client satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver insightful, value-added strategies that address complex client issues.
- Create and elevate new business opportunities through the identification of value-added follow-on work and identify new revenue opportunities with existing and new client organisations.
- Act as principal owner of client engagements; ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Provide follow-up with clients after project deliverables have been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Allocate direction, advice, and intellectual leadership to clients and delivery teams.
- Provide high level input and ensure development of client reports and presentations.
- Ability to deliver all or significant portions of findings to clients.
- Lead thought leadership and firm building initiatives.
- Good command in English is a must, fluency in German would be preferable.
- Remain current on industry, clients, and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues with assigned clients.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of consulting and analytics services in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, and publications.
- Participate in annual performance review team processes.
- Engage in recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Mentor, coach, and share subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and capabilities delivering world-class solutions for clients.
Skills & Experience
- Client Relationship Management and Delivery - Principal owner of client engagements to the commercial functions within leading Life Sciences organizations, focused on client satisfaction and outstanding client deliverables. Proven capability to identify new revenue opportunities with existing clients.
- Team Development/Management - Proven skills in identifying, recruiting, mentoring/coaching, and retaining top talent for consulting practice teams.
- Business Development - Proven success selling strategy and operations engagements to the top Pharma/Life Sciences companies. Actively participate in proposal development and ongoing pre-sales meetings with potential new client organizations.
- Commercial Strategy and Analytics Experience - Ability to speak in detail with Senior Client Management about brand and commercial topics in the life sciences industry segment, in a meaningful manner with depth of content knowledge.
- Senior Level Solution Selling - Proven ability to build relationships, identify client pain points, and develop custom solutions with key clients stakeholders.
- Industry Trends - Maintains a constant focus on industry, client and competitive trends in the life sciences industry. Applies this knowledge to both active client engagements and business/client development activities.
- Analytical Problem-Solving - Applies an analytical approach to solving problems and reaching logical conclusions. Gathers information from a variety of sources and quickly gains an understanding of it. Works effectively with complicated, conflicting or ambiguous information, and looks beyond the surface of issues to identify their underlying patterns and causes.
- Innovation - Turns creative ideas into original solutions. Produces new or different approaches in current situations and enables creativity in others. Involved in generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
- Management of Others - Enables others to perform. Sets a clear direction and delegates fairly and appropriately allowing direct reports the means to achieve their goals. Looks for opportunities to develop individuals by encouraging them to take on greater responsibility and make decisions for themselves.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network