Director, Business Development, Clinical Solutions - IQVIA Biotech
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Director, Business Development – IQVIA Biotech
Promotes, recommends, and sells solutions, products and services to other individuals and organizations. This includes developing, managing, and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers, and cultivating existing customer relationships to close deals.
Sells specific products that may require technical or scientific expertise in a particular area or profession. May be assigned to multiple accounts; however, not the sole relationship manager for these accounts. Works closely with account managers to coordinate the service approach for the client. Identifies and pursues sales leads; makes sales calls and visits in a geography, industry, or product area; concludes orders and arranges internal sales logistics; resolves customer complaints; monitors changing customer needs and competitor activity; and prepares sales targets, budgets, and reports.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
- Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning, and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Identify and respond to customer needs to define potential opportunities. Propose appropriate strategy/solution to customer.
- Coordinate with contracts/proposals to develop proposal.
- Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer.
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Analyse potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer.
- Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
- Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA, Inc.
8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a superior and successful salesperson, have excellent presentation and writing skills, act with a sense of urgency, and be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must have successful experience identifying and closing new business opportunities and developing positive relationships at all levels of client management
- Must be revenue-driven, knowledgeable, consultative, a problem solver, customer focused, creative, resourceful, fast & flexible, organized, and an effective negotiator.
- Must have experience delivering against aggressive sales targets.
- Demonstrate ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Biotech Market place.
Moving healthcare forward. Together.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network