Principal, Health Economics and Outcomes Research
IQVIA Real-World Evidence teams work with clients to help them leverage real-world data to generate evidence to meet the needs of regulators, payers, providers, and patients. The Principal, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), will have a key role within IQVIA’s leading US HEOR practice team selling and delivering real-world evidence studies for the biopharmaceutical industry. This role will primarily focus on retrospective outcomes research (e.g., clinical and economic burden of disease, patient journey, comparative effectiveness research), with opportunities to couple retrospective and prospective data collection through enriched methodologies as well. The Principal will be responsible for oversight of project teams for the delivery of US-based outcomes research projects or components of global projects for clients in the life sciences industry. Works directly with clients to provide value added input, to develop business opportunities that will lead to additional starbursts and to deliver projects built around strategic issues. Has responsibility for ensuring delivery of high levels of client satisfaction and achieving annual revenue target.
- Proactively mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients.
- Leads teams of HEOR professionals in the design, development and delivery of consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects.
- Reviews and analyzes client requirements or problems and leads in the development of proposals of cost effective solutions that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction.
- Provides coaching and direction to junior HEOR professionals assigned to engagement or across multiple projects at any one time.
- Performs qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client specific solutions. Manages the process of proposal preparation and/or modifications including overall bid integrity.
- Oversees and leads development of project plan with timelines and deliverables.
- Provides high level input to ensure development of the design, structure and delivery of client reports and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to resolve problems.
- Builds portfolio of client contacts or identifies new business opportunities of follow-on work and new leads at assigned client.
- Proactively develops broader and deeper knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through on the job experience and participation in training opportunities.
- Proactively supports colleagues training and development by leading by example and with specific one to one training.
- Proactively continues to develop specific subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- May have line management, coaching, mentoring and development responsibilities for employees. May assist with recruitment.
- Understands and takes a role in implementing the HEOR business vision and objectives. Support business initiatives and actively supports the strategic development of the business.
- Contribute substantially to the development of the methodology section of statistical analysis plans; with guidance, write methodology and results sections of final reports
- Participate in methodology and/or results discussions and presentations for the client
- Actively participates in one or more firm-building or offering development activities within the team/practice.
- Aware of broader firm context and proactively builds relationships across the firm to develop commercial opportunities for the team
- MBA, or MSc, MPhil/PhD in health economics, epidemiology, or related area desirable
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Proven significant experience of outcomes research, economics/health economics is essential as is knowledge of consulting methodologies and key issues and developments within the pharma and healthcare industry.
- At least 8-12 years post graduate work experience in a related area such as economics, health economics, epidemiology, etc.
The experience may have been gained in one of the following environments:
- Pharmaceutical or other Healthcare Industry
- Health Technology Assessment Group
- Health Services Research
- Proven significant direct or related experience in consulting and consulting methodologies, tools and techniques
- Proven experience of working in health economics/outcomes research/health services research to project management/line management levels
- Experience of leading teams in the design, development and delivery of consulting projects of varying complexity
- Experience of analyzing client requirements and developing proposals for cost effective solutions
- Excellent management skills, client influencing and consultative relationship building skills with senior level managers and executives in the healthcare industry
- Strong understanding of the health care environment, and a comprehensive understanding of the key issues in the healthcare industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, juggle priorities and deliver on tight deadlines
- Has necessary subject matter expertise to effectively manage projects within a given area
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network