Principal, Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Principal, Health Economics and Outcomes Research – Role Description
Overview of the team
The HEOR practice is part of IQVIA Real World Solutions (RWS). RWS brings together IQVIA initiatives that connect healthcare stakeholders through real-world evidence to demonstrate the value and safety of treatments, enhance quality and drive improved outcomes. The group includes colleagues in 20+ countries working in the following key areas:
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Epidemiology and Drug Safety
- Real World Late Phase Research
- Real World Data and Technology
- Government Solutions
Within HEOR there are multiple offering areas where we have built functional depth. The purpose of these functional offerings is to optimize support to our clients by providing greater consistency across IQVIA’s services, capturing the full value of our specialized expertise, intellectual property and thought leadership; and, also to support our employees in their careers. We are currently recruiting talent with expertise in Retrospective Database Analysis, Health Economic Modelling, or Evidence Synthesis.
Overview of the role
Works directly with clients to provide value added input, to develop business opportunities that will lead to additional starbursts and to deliver projects built around robust science and strategic issues. Has responsibility for ensuring delivery of high levels of client satisfaction. Typically works within a specific offering area and region but may have responsibility across multiple practice areas and/or clients. Is a team leader, with responsibilities for growing and managing a team of direct reports. Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets.
- Primary owner of client engagements with ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added solutions that address complex client issues.
- Responsible for significant and tangible client impact from all engagements.
- Seeks out and identifies new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients – ensures a continuous flow of business from client engagements.
- Takes lead role in proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients.
- Manages client interface and ensures project team achieves efficient and effective project delivery.
- Serves as a solutions-based expert, internally and externally, by applying consultative problem solving skills.
- Identifies issues of importance to the industry/clients and works with Practice Leaders and/or Geographic Principals to develop tangible and commercial offerings.
- Contributes to the enhanced awareness of IQVIA RWS in the market place, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications etc.
- Proactively continues to strengthen subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- Proactively mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world class solutions for clients.
- Advanced degree with at least 10-15 years experience in the pharmaceutical or consulting industry.
- In depth and long standing relationships with client companies, especially at a senior level.
- Requires deep expertise in at least one offering along with knowledge of all other offerings. Possesses exemplary business development skills and previous experience leading and managing research and delivery.
- Has broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry. In-depth understanding of the IQVIA data assets and the RWS core offerings.
- Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of business, their interaction and the impact of external/internal influences on decision making, growth and decline.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques, related to functional area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and professional/trade associations key people and companies.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills. Values people’s opinions and encourages knowledge sharing.
- High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Able to manage complex relationships and juggle priorities.
- Ability to profitably price engagements.
- Has excellent client relationship and influencing skills.
Organization Reporting and Scope:
Typically reports to: Offering practice leader in HEOR or VP RWS.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network