Healthcare Technical Solutions Director (Open Location)
The IQVIA Healthcare Technical Solutions Director will work closely with business development and customer facing delivery teams to understand the current and future needs of clients / prospects . The candidate will assist in developing new client relations, recommend and propose IQVIA solutions to address business imperatives, and reinforce and strengthen relationships with existing clients. Defining and proposing new solutions may be in the form of Informatics related services (data management, data engineering, data archiving, analytics) or a combination of Informatics related services to integrate/leverage IQVIA data assets into client environments.
The ideal candidate is required to apply their health industry domain and technical expertise to establish an understanding of clients / prospects need(s), translate those needs into an executable vision or solution, and communicate with various stakeholders to gain alignment. This position requires extensive experience collaborating with and influencing clients, as well as strong critical thinking, attention to detail, creativity, program management and interpersonal skills.
This individual is not a sales person, account executive, nor a delivery team member but rather the “glue” that brings together sales, account management, and delivery to achieve client business imperatives.
You will be defining, scoping and helping close deals that enable our healthcare clients (hospitals, insurers, ACOs, specialty care) achieve meaningful results and business value. You are looked upon as a trusted adviser, someone who can lead clients from education, through ideation to implementation.
• Provides technical knowledge, advice and support to sales representatives and customers during the pre-sales process
• Acts as an adviser and support to IQVIA technology services sales executives
• Ability to engage with leading Healthcare institutions (hospitals, payer, ACOs, other) to educate and identify opportunities to leverage IQVIA’s healthcare focused ecosystem of data related services and solutions
• Assists customers during the sales process to maximize the benefits derived from IQVIA’s suit of healthcare data products, solutions, and implementation services
• Lead and support: RFI/RFP responses, client discussions and pitches, defining engagement scope, negotiating client contracts, and other deliverables tied to the sales process
• Prepare and give technical presentations to explain to customers how IQVIA healthcare data products and services function together
• Keep well-informed of healthcare industry trends and other general information related to assigned accounts and market scope to identify opportunities for IQVIA
• Provide required status reporting and updates to management and demonstrate a high level of personal accountability
• Provide technical and functional input into bid proposals, projects and technical documents throughout the sales process, and may identify additional sales opportunities with existing customers.
• Oversees pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations
• Works with marketing and product managers to define new products and services
• May serve as company liaison on specific technical projects with customers
• May provide product feasibility analysis in support of sales efforts with sales representatives
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
• Experience in developing and cultivating meaningful relationships with managers and executives across the healthcare industry
• Strong capability in managing large and/or multiple projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, bid defenses, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
• Strong ability to translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into solutions, product requirements, architectural diagrams that can be easily understood by various stakeholders (e.g., clients, vendors, management, etc.)
- Comfortable working in fast paced and dynamic environment
• Excel working with customers and key stakeholders to validate and align on requirements through development and delivery process. Able to identify and manage across key customers, their requirements, and their business processes
- Required: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) and 10+ years of professional IT design & architecture, technology development, technology leadership, technology consulting, sales or account management experience; or Master’s Degree and 8+ years of experience; or PhD and 5+ years of experience
- Required: Minimum of 5 years of experience within the healthcare industry (provider, payer, etc.) delivering business / consumer facing technology solutions and services
- Required: 10+ years of field sales engineering experience
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to synthesize complex information into simplified, user-friendly, persuasive formats and presentations
- Strong team player who's willing to work hard with the team while having a lot of fun
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network