Therapeutic Strategy Clinical Scientist (Director Level)
Within the department of Therapeutic Strategy resides 16 Centers of Excellence focused on key therapeutic areas such as Rare Disease, Respiratory, and Pediatrics. The primary role of the Clinical Scientist is to support one or more Centers of Excellence in defining a vision for the future delivery of research within that space and to translate that vision to a broad audience including customers and internal stakeholders. The candidate will actively consult on mergers and acquisitions, technology build and process changes for trial delivery. They will further collaborate with teams to build customer ready messaging around IQVIA’s unique offerings from the Centers of Excellence perspective. When called upon the Clinical Scientist may support the bid defense process or work with delivery teams to directly improve upon existing strategies.
To be successful in this role, it is important to have deep knowledge of clinical trial operations from Phase 1 to Phase 3 and to have a cursory understanding of preclinical and late-phase approaches. Broad knowledge of the clinical trial landscape including vendors, technology, regulations and evolving trial design will be critical for this role. Specific therapeutic knowledge in one of the following areas preferred: Rare Disease, Pediatrics, and Respiratory.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, consultative leader who is capable of working with a diverse audience ranging from project teams to executive leadership. The candidate will need to be comfortable engaging with medical staff and translating medical and scientific concepts for non-subject matter experts and back. The ideal candidate is curious, innovative, brave in thought, loves to brainstorm, naturally changes their messaging to meet the audience, is comfortable with ambiguity or shifting landscapes, pragmatic and sensible.
Therapeutic Area Strategy Development:
• Collaborate with clinical development teams to understand shifting landscapes in delivery that may impact the future of research and delivery
• Explore existing landscape of companies that support clinical research with an eye for innovating and evolving delivery
• Translates the COE vision for consumption by a broad audience
• Support Center of Excellence in preparing market ready materials focused on therapeutic area differentiation and innovation
• Supporting Merger and Acquisition team
• Drafting business cases for future innovations
• Defining Key Performance metrics to measure the success of innovations
• Guide and mentor strategy and project teams when called upon
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Remain up to date with knowledge and information that supports effectiveness as a Therapeutic Strategy Lead e.g. understanding IQVIA’ services, tools and product offerings, status and trends in assigned TA(s), innovations and advances in clinical trial methodology, and business intelligence.
• Broad protocol and therapeutic knowledge
• Remain current on research and development trends within the industry related to assigned Centers of Excellence
• Proven ability to make decisions with limited information, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results
• Experience working productively in a pressurized environment, managing competing priorities & maintaining a positive outlook at work; handles criticism well and learns from it
• Robust and current knowledge of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area
• Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and clients, negotiate solutions and understand impacts on the overall offering
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken)
• Strong business acumen including confidence with financial considerations, excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and comfort working in both sales and operational environments
• Flexible and able to work in situations where specifications may or may not be well defined and willing to support work in other therapeutic areas when required
• Confident and capable in the use of technology, applications, and other media e.g. databases and internet to research new opportunities, maintain currency of therapeutic and operational knowledge, and competitive landscape. Must be competent in Excel and Powerpoint specifically.
• Ability to manage Phase 1-3 or 2-3 Clinical Studies.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network