Statistical Programmer 2, RWS
Provide technical expertise to develop and maintain programs to meet internal and external clients’ needs. Plan and lead projects and the development of project-related solutions to the full scope of statistical programming tasks. Provide technical expertise to the Statistical Programming department.
- Production of High-Quality Deliverables including completing and reviewing more complex assigned tasks with a focus on accuracy.
- Conducts appropriate validation requirements, according to SOPs, for each task undertaken.
- Checks programming logs for cleanliness and correct processing of data. Inputs into Data Issues log and follows issues to appropriate resolution.
- Writes and maintains programming specifications datasets and programs assigned datasets to industry standards. Handles dataset derivations and assignment.
- Programs TLFs, maximizes programming efficiency with use of biostatistical tools, where applicable. Checks resulting output for format and content, and questions specification as needed. Ensures consistency across items produced.
- Perform as lead programmer on assigned studies and works closely with the Biostatistical Team Lead and supervisor, to deliver on time, with high quality and within budget.
- Develops an efficient programming strategy utilizing available tools and creation/ maintenance of project specific macros, ensures compliance with Good Programming Practice as per SOPs.
- Actively participates in internal project team meetings, provides timely progress updates, documenting where necessary and following up on actions.
- Provide input on estimate at completion (EAC) reporting including plans and documents timelines, forecasts resource needs, suggests work may be out of scope
- Programming project set up and maintenance of BIOSETUP, global tools, integrated databases & project macros where applicable.
- Performs programming review of SAP and shells, where applicable. Writes programming specifications/shells for safety outputs, where applicable.
- Shares accountability (with resource managers) for the financial success of their studies.
- Understands 'scope of work' and has an awareness of contract and budget assumptions. Raises concerns to manager if new work or rework appears to be Out of Scope.
- Helps train staff regarding operational items and mentors junior staff.
- Identifies risks to project delivery and/or quality and spends time to proactively avoid as well as proposes solutions to mitigate risks.
- Creates or performs quality control (QC) review of define xmls, SDTM and/ or ADaM reviewers guide (SDRG, ADRG).
- May perform lead programmer role on studies and prioritizes and takes proactive approach to gain efficiencies in work across protocols.
- Contribute to request for proposals (RFPs). May be expected to present at bid defenses.
- On occasion, may serve as primary point of contact for customer. May also consult on operational topics with clients.
Education & Skills
- Master's Degree Computer science or related field and 1+ year relevant experience or Bachelor's Degree Computer science or related field and 2+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge of statistics, programming and/or clinical drug development process
- Working knowledge of relevant Data Standards (CDISC/ADaM/SDTM) and applications such as Base SAS, SAS/STAT and SAS Macro Language
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network