Sr. Strategic Operations Director
IQVIA’s single point of contact to navigate the umbrella of clinical solutions for emerging biopharma and mid-size customers. Responsible for facilitating the set up and maintenance of strategic partnerships with customers, including executive-level governance of the account. Builds and maintains strong key relationships with client C-Suite/senior leadership to initiate and accelerate mutually beneficial partnerships. Provides leadership, collaboration, and coordination with internal colleagues across the enterprise on engagement strategies to support ongoing work and growth of the partnership in an effort to obtain repeat business for R&DS, referred business across the whole IQVIA enterprise, and a positive customer reference.
• Lead strategic planning, direction and support to business/strategic development initiatives for designated EBP and mid-size customers based in North America.
• Establish and maintain customer Operational and Executive Governance Committee(s).
• Directs the designated customer account to provide oversight to customer and IQVIA assigned project teams and lead the development of and adherence by all project teams to an operations manual (if applicable) specific to the designated customer account for all product development projects.
• Accountable for the development and management against key customer rules of engagement and/or operational norms.
• Direct the delivery against key metrics, milestones, and contractual obligations for a portfolio of projects to related to quality, time and financial objectives.
• Serve as the primary management contact to the designated customer account; responsible for driving and ensuring appropriate communication channels are maintained and key customer expectations transcend the enterprise and are adhered to across all projects.
• Lead the proactive review of a customer pipeline and future customer needs in support of the resource forecasts for designated customer account (e.g. project management, Q2 Labs, Phase I, connected devices, data management, clinical operations, pharmacovigilance, biostatistics).
Support continuous improvement across key strategic customer accounts.
• Act as the key relationship manager for designated customers; serve as the primary management holder for a designated customer escalation plan, recommend courses of action regarding client management issues; implement requisite action plans.
• Responsible for participation in the development and support of customer sales initiatives; activities to include, early customer engagement, proposal and budget development, bid defense support, and commercial feasibility of potential programs.
• Manage the enterprise to ensure customer best practices are collaboratively developed and adhered to by individuals assigned to projects for the designated customer accounts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Other Degree in Life Science, Business Management or related field
• 15+ years in the pharmaceutical, CRO, or related industry, experience to include alliance management, clinical operations, project management, commercial, and /or other relevant operational functions (e.g. business development)
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of contractual obligations, finance management and processes across customer accounts.
Ability to navigate across complex company matrix for effective customer support and management.
• Excellent motivation, team-building and leadership skills.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network