Senior Statistical Programmer
Conducts statistical analyses for client reports and publications, performs advanced statistical programming and biostatistical
analyses and utilizes findings, and insights for practical application to further business operations, come across innovative
findings and discoveries for solution and product development.
Develops, executes, and reviews programs to provide statistical programming support for statisticians, clients, or business
demands to source, organize (creating statistical tables, listings, and graphs) and interpret complex data sets.
Creates programming specifications, program development, program validation, and program output finalization associated with
analysis datasets, tables, figures, listings, and regulatory submission data packages; and provides programming support for
additional business needs such as safety reporting, patient data reviews, and risk mitigation.
Job Profile Summary Provide experienced technical expertise to develop process methodology for department to meet internal and external clients’ needs. Plan and coordinate the development of integrated programming solutions serving the full spectrum of statistical programming needs. Provide technical expertise and leadership to the department. Provide internal consulting services, including specifications and user needs analysis for complex project or client requirements.
• Perform, plan and co-ordinate the following for complex studies: (i) the programming, testing, and documentation of statistical programs for use in creating statistical tables, figures, and listing summaries and (ii) the programming of analysis databases (derived datasets) and transfers of data for internal and external clients. May perform and plan the programming of database quality control checks.
• Program and plan the integration of databases from multiple studies or sources.
• Develop and co-ordinate programming documentation including plans and specifications, as appropriate, for complex studies.
• Provide advanced technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to teams and department, for complex studies.
• Perform, plan and co-ordinate the development, implementation and validation of new process technologies, macros and applications.
• Fulfill project responsibilities at the level of statstical team lead for single complex studies or group of studies.
• Understand the Scope of Work, budget and quote assumptions, estimate the work completed, manage Out of Scope and resource forecasts for single studies. May manage project budget and resource requirements, and provide revenue forecasts for single studies.
• Provide training and guidance to lower level staff.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically requires 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network