Laboratory Scientist 2
• Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
• Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
• Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
• Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
• Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
• Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
• Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
• Notify inventory staff of supply shortages
• Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
• Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in a science discipline and 2 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines required or equivalent combination of education, training and experience required
• Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other regulatory agency standards within the area of responsibility such as CLIA requirements
• Proficiency with pipetting and molecular biology laboratory techniques
• Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
• Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weight
• Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.