Laboratory Associate 1
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Perform routine analysis and laboratory testing procedures to obtain data from client specimens. Provide routine documentation and review of work performed in a timely manner.
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
- Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
- Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
- Notify inventory staff of supply shortages
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
Minimum required education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a science discipline required
- 2 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines required or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other regulatory agency standards within the area of responsibility such as CLIA requirements
- Proficiency with pipetting and molecular biology laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weight
- Experience using Microsft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network