Lab Process Lead
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Lead the day to day activities of the Laboratory Operations staff in addition to providing consistent training to all new members of the department. This position will serve as the Laboratory Operations site liaison with the other ADME functional group heads. Perform all duties of the Senior Laboratory Process Technician and serve as an in-lab resource for Lab Ops personnel. Perform work in accordance with ICH E6 Guideline for Good Clinical Practice.
- • Serve as in-lab resource in proper analytical technique and use of laboratory equipment. Assumes oversight of general laboratory operations and custodial activities. This includes delegating work assignments to ensure timelines are met.
- Assist Manager of Laboratory Operations and promote /develop new initiatives to better support site operations
- Lead training in specifically designated areas within Laboratory Operations.; Train new personnel to provide consistent and proper laboratory technique and use/maintenance of equipment.
- Promote continual development of team members.
- Provide real time feedback on individual/team performance to Manager of Laboratory Operations.
- Assists Manager of Laboratory Operations with interview and selection process of new candidates.
- Evaluate and implement additional sample handling initiatives.
- Perform tasks related to sample and reference compound custodianship, utilizing the Laboratory Information System (LIQVIA).
- Represent IQVIA through routine client contact to ensure process continuity.
- Maintain the highest level of performance in technical procedures such as homogenization, plating of samples, and solubilization of test articles.
- Demonstrate excellence in documentation and proficiency in relevant Standard Procedures (SPs).
- Process time-sensitive requests of sample and reference compounds.
- Provide homogenization and plating of samples in support of scientific teams.
- Solubilize test articles in support of scientific teams.
- Provide LIQVIA design set-up, training and oversight to ensure seamless sample tracking, data collection and reporting capabilities. Discrepancy resolution through direct client interaction.
- Responsible for maintenance schedules and oversight of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain, clean, and check calibration of instrumentation including but not limited to pipettes, centrifuges, balances, freezers, TurboVaps, SpeedVacs, and water purifiers.
- Investigate malfunctions and perform repairs or contact repair agencies as necessary.
- Maintain equipment records and maintenance logs in compliance with standard practices.
- Maintain the laboratory in a safe and orderly manner. Manage the disposal of chemical and biohazardous waste throughout the facility.
- Assist in tracking and control of samples and reference material from the point of origin, within the facilities, to final disposition including client request to return or dispose.
- Support implementation of new systems, techniques and strategies.
- Provide support for after-hour deliveries.
- Support and respond to after-hour alarms and/or other job critical emergencies.
- Comply with all applicable regulatory standards, including Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices.
Minimum required education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Life Sciences discipline required
- 2 years’ related experience required or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledgeable in chemistry and/or biology
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of client samples.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Ability to effectively and communicate processes and technique to wet laboratory staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Join IQVIA’s Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network