Immunoassay Associate Scientist/Scientist
- Execution of ELISAs, RIAs, cell-based assays and other immunoassay techniques as required in a BSL2 lab under direction of project leader.
- Learn and perform required laboratory techniques using novel and established protocols and Standard Operation Procedures under the direction of project leader.
- Perform assays under direction of the project leader.
- May act as project leader depending on experience/training level.
- Sample accessioning/handling according to SOP using LIMS system, as required.
- Perform data analysis, upload run data/results to LIMS system with assistance of project leader.
- Preparation of stock buffers.
- Prepare stock and working solutions/standards and QC samples as directed.
- Aliquot standards, controls, control matrices and other reagents as required.
- Accurately dispense proprietary/commercial compounds for the preparation of reference material and assay reagents according to direction of project leader or designee.
- Responsible for documentation of all project work in appropriate laboratory notebooks according to Quintiles and GLP procedures and processes.
- Prepare and review run binders and notebooks and other project-related documentation with assistance.
- Assist in changes in Standard Operating Procedure for modifications of existing processes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and adapt efficiently to program changes.
- Production of quality data and documentation in adherence to timelines and maintenance of GLP functions in the lab.
- Responsible for ordering and stocking of laboratory supplies as directed.
- Maintenance of MSDS and chemical inventory as needed.
- Maintenance of Calibration certifications and CoA files.
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation as directed.
- Monitor laboratory systems as directed.
- Routine safety inspections as directed.
- Maintain personal training file and assist in training of other technical staff if needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field with 1 year of related experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in GLP laboratory environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical knowledge of serological immunoassay techniques, instrumentation, sample handling and preparation, and data analysis.
- Technical knowledge in key areas of cell-culture and cell-based immunoassays.
- Ability to maintain clear and efficient method development documentation.
- Ability to optimally maintain long-term culture as needed.
- Ability to assist with the development of cell-based assays.
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of client samples.
- Ability to follow scientific directions and work in a team.
- Ability to complete documentation per GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements.
- Ability to adhere to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ability to follow verbally communicated or draft procedures.
- Experienced in all routine laboratory procedures.
- Understanding of development/validation of methodology.
- Ability to work to objectives/timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients.
Q² Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. https://www.q2labsolutions.com/careers
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, Q² Solutions' ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates Q² Solutions and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/q2-solutions-covid-19-vaccine-status
“I know Q2 Solutions offers me a great career path with lots of options. My line manager fully supports my growth.”Marianne H, Associate Laboratory Project Set-Up Manager
“There are tremendous opportunities to grow here. If you are driven, passionate and committed, the sky’s the limit.”P. Surve, Clinical Process Team Lead
“What gets me most excited about being part of Q2 Solutions is working with cutting-edge technologies that help patients and further innovation in the field.”Todd L., Scientist
Join our Global Talent Network
Let’s stay connected. Join our Global Talent Network to receive alerts when new opportunities become available that match your career ambitions.Join our network
Innovation in everything we do
We’ve deployed innovative solutions to push boundaries, make better health possible and drive continuous improvement.
We believe in giving back
We support charitable organizations around the world. It’s just another way that we’re putting patients first.